DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the 8” Tripltek tablet with the Air2s

pinzmann

Reactions
Got the Tripltek 8” to use with my Air2s primarily but also my Mini2. Coming from IOS, this was a little daunting. Hooked up to the mini2, it worked similar to the iPad but have an issue with the Air2s. It won’t cache a low-res preview in the app album like it does when using the Mini. Settings are the same in both units unless I’m missing something. I have to do a full download to keep a copy on the tablet and I have to keep the drone on while downloading. If it’s 4K this will take twice as long as the video ir self.
Got this tablet primarily for the screen brightness as I’m in the desert. I did send an inquiry to Tripltek but they weren’t much help, telling me to download the DJI Mimo app which didn’t help. If I could get it to cache the previews I could overlook the othe issues.

I have the Tripltek 7" so this may not be relevant but I have Cache While Recording enabled... my low res files on the tablet show up as Cache and are listed under App Album.

I also have the 7 inch and if I have Cache While Recording enabled it does show up. I prefer to have mine off.
One work around if you cannot solve this is just remove the sdCard and drop it into the TFslot on the tablet. Transfer would be fast to where ever you save it to.

Reactions: Oman
I also have the 7 inch and if I have Cache While Recording enabled it does show up. I prefer to have mine off.
One work around if you cannot solve this is just remove the sdCard and drop it into the TFslot on the tablet. Transfer would be fast to where ever you save it to.

I have the Cache while recording turned on in both units but for some reason only the Mini2 does it.
I may try swapping out the sdcard but then would I be able to view the videos on the tablet?

I have the Cache while recording turned on in both units but for some reason only the Mini2 does it.
I may try swapping out the sdcard but then would I be able to view the videos on the tablet?
I see no reason why not. It might ask which app you want to use to view them but that should not be a problem.

Yes, if you swap out the SDcard you should be able to view the videos on your tablet On a different thread, Tripltek support suggested using an app called Total Commander on the 8" tablet to view 4K files. I am using the video player that came with the tablet on my 7" but the thread indicated there could be an issue viewing 4K on the 8" Tripltek using it.

I like to keep a couple of MicroSD cards in rotation so there is always one in the drone.

The one thing I might mention is the SDcard slot at least on the 7 inch is not user friendly so I would practice installing it and getting it back out. I also find the SIM card slot a pain in the butt to remove the SIM card.

The one thing I might mention is the SDcard slot at least on the 7 inch is not user friendly so I would practice installing it and getting it back out. I also find the SIM card slot a pain in the butt to remove the SIM card.
I actually use a dongle with a USB-C end and a card reader on the other because I don't like the difficulty of the TF / SD Slot on my Tripltek.

Got the Tripltek 8” to use with my Air2s primarily but also my Mini2. Coming from IOS, this was a little daunting. Hooked up to the mini2, it worked similar to the iPad but have an issue with the Air2s. It won’t cache a low-res preview in the app album like it does when using the Mini. Settings are the same in both units unless I’m missing something. I have to do a full download to keep a copy on the tablet and I have to keep the drone on while downloading. If it’s 4K this will take twice as long as the video ir self.
Got this tablet primarily for the screen brightness as I’m in the desert. I did send an inquiry to Tripltek but they weren’t much help, telling me to download the DJI Mimo app which didn’t help. If I could get it to cache the previews I could overlook the othe issues.
How is the Tripltek? Any update?

As of yesterday I did all the updates for the drone and the Tripltek. Still the same problem. Will not cashe a low-rez video. I have to download the file to the tablet. When I record in 4K and play back on the tablet, it’s stutters, like you hit the stop button every second. If I record in 2.7k it plays back okay. Also when I download a 4K video it’s takes twice as long as recording the video. In short, once I finish flying all I can do is remove the card and insert it in my computer to review the videos. I don’t have this problem with my Mini 2. I also connected my Fimi x8 2020 which downloaded cache videos, no problem. This tablet has been disappointing as I wanted to use it primarily with the Air 2s. If it wasn’t for the bright screen I would consider selling it.

I have the same problem with Tripltek 8 and the Air 2s. No caching of low-res video. Latest firmware everywhere. Looks like it‘s an issue with the DJI Fly app.

Reactions: Amichael
2 days ago I was out flying. Expecting that my Tripltek 8 won't do low-res recording using the DJI Fly App. Top my big surprise this time the low-res recording worked. However since then I was unable to reproduce it. So I still end up with lo-res recording not working. Maybe Tripltek can help with this issue. Some facts of my Setup:
No sd-card, WiFi and Bluetooth on. All Updates installed. Using a DJI Air 2s

I have discovered a Pilot on YouTube showing the usage of the Tripltek 8 flying a Mavic 3. According to this guy the low-res recording works fine.

Does he say how he gets it to work maybe setting he's using? I can't understand the video
He did not reveal his settings. Frankly speaking that is not relevant since there is not much to set here. Just enable or disable the device recording. The video however proves that our problem seems to occur only using the Air 2s. Thus the problem seems generally to be found on the DJI Fly app than the Tripltek 8

I am also interested in this screen for flying air 2s , it must be something in the settings of android developer mode/usb tethering
worth doing compare between a tablet that works properly and the settings on the Tripltek 8 screen,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21