DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vacation time? Spark, Mavic, or both if you have both?!

FieldGuide

Reactions
Just wondering for these two highly portable quads! I like to think both but I'm always over packing!

Reactions: chuck1026
Will have to evaluate the Spark whenever it gets there before deciding. From reviews most likely Mavic, seems the range/livestream quality of the Spark may be unsatisfactory.

Just wondering for these two highly portable quads! I like to think both but I'm always over packing!

My view is depending where you go for vacations , if scenery places then Mavic, if not then Spark.

I think you guys are right. Mavic for the real capture of scenery and most likely the spark for just "hanging out"/ every day situations. Anyone here wind up getting the spark to be your "fun" / casual quick shot drone?

Populated areas - spark. Also bring a <250gram cheapo toy quad and paint the same colour as your spark in case they want to confiscate it =)

Reactions: Kman21 and newnan3
Populated areas - spark. Also bring a <250gram cheapo toy quad and paint the same colour as your spark in case they want to confiscate it =)

I'm not gonna lie, that's actually brilliant! Lol

Or use the toy drone to fly around for a bit to get people used to the sight/sound. when they've acclimated to it bring out the big guns and get your shot!

Mavic. The Spark is like my daughter's first drone. Its small and cute, but thats about it. It does not have the same capability as the Mavic.

The spark is literally half a Mavic, in every way, shape and form. Feels like it's packing more 2015 tech then 2017.

The Mavic miniaturised what the phantom offered with some compromise, the spark seems to have compromised way to much, seems more in line with the competition, unlike the Mavic and phantom 4 series which don't seem to have any.

I believe the Mavic is the drone to have if you are into drones and what the best bang for the buck. The flight time,
high quality footage and ability to fly miles down the road make it my choice. If you want a cool small drone to possibly follow your kid on a bike or take photos of places that you could not get with your mobile phone go with the Spark. I have not flown my Spark without the controller but it works rather well with the controller but I believe when you buy that combo you are almost at the price point of the Mavic and the Mavic is the gold standard drone at the moment. My four cents.

For reliability I would surely bring the Mavic :)

I bring with me my MP... I'll be in catamaran on [emoji1082] islands... few people and big spaces to explore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803