DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vacationing on Maui and forgot my Air2s charger!!!

whiskeybc

Reactions
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but like the moron I am I forgot my charger.

Any Maui residents happen to know where I could either buy/borrow/rent one?

3 batteries probably aren’t gonna cut it for two weeks.

UGH !!!

all you need is a 65watt charger. The DJI charger only does one at a time anyway...you may be able to find a charger at Best Buy or some such place that puts out 65Watts. If you buy two or three you'll have faster charging than with the dji unit.

Looks like Maui doesn't have a BB. Sam's or Costco MIGHT have something. Otherwise, do a day trip to Oahu, see, Pearl Harbor and pick up a charger at one of the three stores there

all you need is a 65watt charger. The DJI charger only does one at a time anyway...you may be able to find a charger at Best Buy or some such place that puts out 65Watts. If you buy two or three you'll have faster charging than with the dji unit.
The Air2S uses a completely proprietary charger and AFAIK the battery will not charge via USB in the drone. Honestly I would be shocked if any electronics store stocked an A2S charger.

I would be very happy to be wrong about this though (in-drone charging definitely doesn’t work on my A2S).

Reactions: stronggeek
I just ran a search on the DJI website for stores in Hawaii that stock DJI products and there are quite a few listed. I suggest that you phone around; numbers are posted. I fly an Air 2 in New Zealand and have the Fly More Combo charger plus a DJI car charger (for emergencies). The 12v addition might suit you as an extra for when you get home.

Good luck! 👍😎🇳🇿

The Air2S uses a completely proprietary charger and AFAIK the battery will not charge via USB in the drone. Honestly I would be shocked if any electronics store stocked an A2S charger.

I would be very happy to be wrong about this though (in-drone charging definitely doesn’t work on my A2S).
Last week just for the heck of it tried to charge through the usbc on my air 2s and it didn't work. Thank you for the confirmation. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the port for then?

Last week just for the heck of it tried to charge through the usbc on my air 2s and it didn't work. Thank you for the confirmation. Excuse my ignorance, but what's the port for then?
I never use it for this, so I could be mistaken, but you can use it for pulling photos/videos off the drone memory and SD card (instead of pulling the SD card or doing a wireless transfer) as well as doing firmware updates directly from your PC instead of through the controller.

I never use it for this, so I could be mistaken, but you can use it for pulling photos/videos off the drone memory and SD card (instead of pulling the SD card or doing a wireless transfer) as well as doing firmware updates directly from your PC instead of through the controller.
Okay, thanks. That makes sense!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian