DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Valley of The Kings Hawaii

Paleomanjim

Reactions
This was the 3rd day of our 10 day camping trip. Used iPhone 12 and Mini 2 for video and pics. The waterfall was a surprise for me traveling up the river when is suddenly appeared. This is a must see place for anyone traveling to Hawaii. Very sacred to native Hawaiins. The hike down is super steep at 25% grade and only 4 wheel drive vehicles allowed to drive it. Enjoy.

This was the 3rd day of our 10 day camping trip. Used iPhone 12 and Mini 2 for video and pics. The waterfall was a surprise for me traveling up the river when is suddenly appeared. This is a must see place for anyone traveling to Hawaii. Very sacred to native Hawaiins. The hike down is super steep at 25% grade and only 4 wheel drive vehicles allowed to drive it. Enjoy.
Very nice! I did notice in the shot of the waves with the surfers, the horizon was not level. I'm not sure if that can be corrected while editing but I think it might have been the result of the Mavic Mini 2 not having gimbal rotation to correct that. Otherwise, great footage!

Reactions: Intruder Weasel
Very nice, I was able to visit there 2 years ago. I only managed a 360 from the lookout at the top of the cliff. However I'm visiting there again in less than a month. Will have to make the trip down to the valley floor this time.
Waipio Valley 360 pano.

Incredible location. I miss the views and even the smells of Hawaii. It was like waking up in heaven.

We did a horse back ride years ago through the valley and it was an amazing ride. Thanks for sharing for my memories.

The shot of the valley around the 3:20 mark looks like the same valley on the screen saver on my Apple TV.
Cool video.

Very nice! I did notice in the shot of the waves with the surfers, the horizon was not level. I'm not sure if that can be corrected while editing but I think it might have been the result of the Mavic Mini 2 not having gimbal rotation to correct that. Otherwise, great footage!
To be honest I never noticed the horizon was off during editing but it is. The Gimbal seems to work fine in my hand. I was using full roll to the left for that scene and parhaps it exceeded the amount of gimbal correction. Thanks

Reactions: BSauce955
Very nice, I was able to visit there 2 years ago. I only managed a 360 from the lookout at the top of the cliff. However I'm visiting there again in less than a month. Will have to make the trip down to the valley floor this time.
Waipio Valley 360 pano.
Thanks. The hike down is not to bad since it is all paved but locals do offer rides in 4 wheel drive trucks for $25 down and back up. We arrived very early around 6 am and were first in the parking area but it was full when we returned, so parking can be a problem. Also if you bring a drone the earlier the better as winds tend to pick up after the morning and can be strong by afternoon.

Incredible location. I miss the views and even the smells of Hawaii. It was like waking up in heaven.
Yeah, we had a great time and I am ready to go back! Super deals on airfare right now ($130 round trip to Maui). The businesses are really hurting but the restrictions are keeping tourists away, thanks

The shot of the valley around the 3:20 mark looks like the same valley on the screen saver on my Apple TV.
Cool video.
Yeah, if you google Waipio that picture comes up often and is taken fromn the Lookout. There are several good locations for pics of the Valley on the way down qnd that is where I took mine from, thanks

Here’s a question for you or anyone else that might be able to contribute:
I have a Mavic Air 2 with smart controller setup and a Mavic Mini 2 with iPhone 13 Pro Max setup (could swap to the smart controller but no hard case for that). Each have 4 batteries and a hard case…Which would you take to Hawaii? I am going next week and don’t know which one to take with me. The Air 2 is brand new to me, I like the Mini 2 for size and that I can immediately have the pics on my phone. I’m torn. I won’t be hiking a ton, will be going to the Big Island, San Francisco, Fresno, Yosemite (no drones in there).
Thanks!

Here’s a question for you or anyone else that might be able to contribute:
I have a Mavic Air 2 with smart controller setup and a Mavic Mini 2 with iPhone 13 Pro Max setup (could swap to the smart controller but no hard case for that). Each have 4 batteries and a hard case…Which would you take to Hawaii? I am going next week and don’t know which one to take with me. The Air 2 is brand new to me, I like the Mini 2 for size and that I can immediately have the pics on my phone. I’m torn. I won’t be hiking a ton, will be going to the Big Island, San Francisco, Fresno, Yosemite (no drones in there).
Thanks!
I do not have the Air 2 so hopefully someone else can chime in. The Mini 2 is great for backpacking but since your not hiking much that probably does not matter. That said, the Air 2 has a faster speed which will definetely come in handy for Hawaii where you can expect high winds on most parts of the Island, at least later in the day. There were several times that I was unable to fly the Mini 2 due to winds, and several other times when I took a cance and flew anyway but probably should not have. Cant beat the Mini 2 for portability though and is usually meets my needs. My 2 cents.....

Reactions: jay2020
I do not have the Air 2 so hopefully someone else can chime in. The Mini 2 is great for backpacking but since your not hiking much that probably does not matter. That said, the Air 2 has a faster speed which will definetely come in handy for Hawaii where you can expect high winds on most parts of the Island, at least later in the day. There were several times that I was unable to fly the Mini 2 due to winds, and several other times when I took a cance and flew anyway but probably should not have. Cant beat the Mini 2 for portability though and is usually meets my needs. My 2 cents.....
Appreciate that feedback, good to know about the winds! I’m still debating which one to take but either way I’m sure I’ll get some good shots. Thanks again!

Very nice, I needed more time by that waterfall up close.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine