DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Verify Antennas Are working

Corderota

Reactions
Hello there guys I Was wondering if there is a way I Could verify that Both my antennas are functioning properly

I have no idea if this will work but you could try blocking one antenna at a time with metal, maybe tinfoil, and see if the signal strength goes down and then repeat with the other one and see if it reduces the same amount. The aircraft should be connected to the controller but preferably not flying while testing. If the signal does not reduce at all, try moving further and further away until it does.

Ok Guys here is what happened... so for my Mavic 2 Controller I opted to have XR Range extender added during the disconnection of the factory Antenna the little hold down Round Button Connector came off in the old antenna. I'm talking about the Round gold part that is attached the the Board in the Controller. I Was watching the entire time the installer did nothing Bad it was just poorly attached. so pin in the Center was still there So the moron use a crazy glue to reattach the connector Saying it'll still Conduct. so the controller works except I'm getting no seen Benefit of this XR antenna in some cases worse Results. How can determine if the Raptor XR is Junk or if I got connection on one side only

No need to test much, if the guy glued the u.fl connector back on this connection is certainly not working as it should.

Gotta fix that first and actually replace the connector properly, hoping the board didn't get damaged.

No need to test much, if the guy glued the u.fl connector back on this connection is certainly not working as it should.

Gotta fix that first and actually replace the connector properly, hoping the board didn't get damaged.
so have it Soderred Back on?

Yeah, probably will need replacement too since these connectors are very fragile, it likely got damaged when ripped off and even when handled correctly are not meant for more than about 5 insertion cycles.

Yeah, probably will need replacement too since these connectors are very fragile, it likely got damaged when ripped off and even when handled correctly are not meant for more than about 5 insertion cycles.
DO they Sell the Board itself so I can have it Replaced?

DO they Sell the Board itself so I can have it Replaced?
Doubtful you will be able to find one. Those connectors are tricky.
Making sure I understand what you now have.
Board connector has the center pin from the antenna wire connector stuck in the board connector? And superglue is still on the board around the board connector?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki