DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vertical autopilot possible? To smoothly film tower bottom to top.

Keisersozze

Reactions
Is there an autopilot option to film something smoothly like a tall building from the ground level to the very top? Or from top to bottom?

Also for 'point of interest', is it possible to do just a 180degree flight instead of a full 360? Or can I just stop the flight manually once its does a half circle around the object?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sounds like a job for a waypoint mission. LITCHI is my app of choice for that, but DJI Go 4 does it too. The first waypoint will be either at the top of bottom of the building, and second waypoint at the other. Then you can play with the parameters, like meters per second (speed). You can either start recording, then start the waypoint mission, or you can program the mission to turn on recording at the first waypoint.

You could probably program a waypoint mission for your POI question too, but you can also just stop it after it does half of one circle.

Chris

Sounds like a job for a waypoint mission. LITCHI is my app of choice for that, but DJI Go 4 does it too. The first waypoint will be either at the top of bottom of the building, and second waypoint at the other. Then you can play with the parameters, like meters per second (speed). You can either start recording, then start the waypoint mission, or you can program the mission to turn on recording at the first waypoint.

You could probably program a waypoint mission for your POI question too, but you can also just stop it after it does half of one circle.

Chris
Ah okay. Thank you for that info and quick response!

Chris
Seems waypoint doesn't work for me. The second point needs to be different then right on top of the first point it seems. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78