DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vertical gimbal jumping up

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This has been happening with my Mavic 2 zoom from day one. Every 5 or 10 minutes the gimbal will just jump up for no apparent reason.
Anyone had this problem and found a solution? I could be developing petit mals or other such twitches but I don't think so.

I have had this a few times - but only at the end of a shot. I did notice when the gimbal was angled up and I stopped the drone that the gimbal suddenly dropped to level when the drone "braked". I wonder if the camera hit the "stop" of travel and resets to level?.

Interestingly I had it yesterday when filming holding the drone in my hand (found myself in a NFZ but wanted to film the autumns colours anyway) - this again could be when the angle of the drone exceeded the limits of travel. I will try and test this

Thanks Owen, my gimbal movement seems to be completely random, unrelated to stopping or starting. I have yet to calibrate the gimbal but will try it tomorrow.
Hope I don't have to send it back having fun with it and finding out how good the Zoom camera is with a little tweaking. Took some amazing stills and vids yesterday and will compile and post them soon.

This has been happening with my Mavic 2 zoom from day one. Every 5 or 10 minutes the gimbal will just jump up for no apparent reason.
Anyone had this problem and found a solution? I could be developing petit mals or other such twitches but I don't think so.
Same thing happens on my Mavic 2 Pro

A little bit too ashamed to admit this but it was my left index finger that was touching the wheel. Check it out and don't admit it to anybody if it's you.

Some of the original mavics had a quirk where the gimbal would sometimes reset when the mavic would start a new video file (9:20 and 18:40), but only with 64 gig cards. Those were the biggest cards the mavic could supposedly take. So if it is happening around 4:50 and 9:40 and you are using a 128 gig card maybe you could try a smaller card. Didn't happen all the time, but my wife's Mavic Pro had that hiccup (mine didn't) and it was solved with a 32 gig card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54