DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed in Mavic Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you dont agree with the op then why waste your time posting?oh right lots scour threads just to find someone to rag on
like i say,this forum is 10% helpful and 90% trolling,sad

Reactions: Qoncussion
To be honest, I just couldn't help myself, but I do agree with you. I'll be better next time.

Reactions: wytnyt
To be honest, I just couldn't help myself, but I do agree with you. I'll be better next time.
ive found that there are people that can be very naive,no one should be belittled for their intelligence or lack of

wytnyt. I said I would be better next time. Now who's trolling?
sorry,i wasnt referring to you but all the others,you manned up and that shows alot about a person

Hello guys.
I just bought mavic pro fly more combo here in Toronto Canada.
I was so excited to start making videos, but once i assembled it i realize that i cannot connect my Phone Asus Zenfone 4 Max because it USB port is reversed and the cable is so short that no way to twist it and still have enough length. This is not the only phone that has USB port like that.
I am very disappointed spending $1500 canadian (on sale) and now what? Buy another phone just to fly my drone??? DJI could've think of that espevially for their very expensive product!
The wire that I need is nowhere to be found and even if there is, i do not see why do i have to spend more time amd money now since I already spent so much money!
My next drone I will get not DJI. I am very mad!
Hey Mate
This is an easy fix go into your nearest electronic store and you can get an extension lead for less than $5 AD to plug into your phone.
So buy a normal USB cable like normal people do.

No, other side of phone charger will not connect into remote. It is a special connection by dji only. Not regular usb.

That’s not correct. There is a standard USB port on the bottom of the controller. Use the charging cable that came with your phone to connect

This myth of needing nd filters never dies. Most drone video doesn’t benefit from motion blur, as the drone isn’t moving fast enough to generate it. Motion blur is the only valid need for a nd filter. Shooting at 1/2000 of a second or 1/60 sec, if properly exposed, will produce identical images. Under dimmer light, like at night or sunset, the Nd filter will degrade the image as the ISO will have to be boosted, which increases image noise and degrades the color response of the sensor.

Under some light conditions, a polarizing filter will create a more dramatic, pleasing image, but that is a different story.

@Unhappy Pilot

The price of a cable is 1.6% of the cost of the drone. I'd say that's not a bad price. You can fly the Mavic without a phone. Just use the remote to fly, that's free.

@Unhappy Pilot

The price of a cable is 1.6% of the cost of the drone. I'd say that's not a bad price. You can fly the Mavic without a phone. Just use the remote to fly, that's free.
you get a live ;)rc screen with the evo

I wonder how many otherwise great vacations ended up being someone watching their significant other try to pair a cell phone to their drone for the first time.

i just toured all of scotland for 10 days, but i can stop, pull out the drone, be up in the air, have the 5 shots i want, and landed in 10 minutes tops. I was worried my GF would be pretty annoyed if I didnt... but after she saw the footage she was like "no, fly as much as you like babe, this is awesome."

that said, yeah, i dont want to have a drone flying vacation either... just something fun to edit real quick when i get home.

Kudos on having such an awesome GF!

Wait until you find out you can’t really see the phone screen on bright sunny day and that you have to upgrade to an iPad mini. It’s worth every penny. The MPP is incredible. I love it.
First my phone failed me. Then the tablet. Tried different cables and ports. But eventually every combo had video feed issues and I got tired of flying and pointing things by the seat of my pants and hoping I was getting what I wanted. So I saved my money and got a CrystalSky. No more problems. I can't help thinking that over time everything *except* a DJI monitor is going to fail. It's just not in DJI's interest to try and program their system for every possible make, model, and operating system out there. And btw, I absolutely love the CrystalSky!

.... or until he finds out he is going to need a second battery soon ($90), and ND Filters to get good video ($40+) and some type of sunshade to see his phone ($30) or an iPad Mini 4 ($250), probably a larger fast SD card ($30), landing gear or a landing pad unless he's going to hand catch all the time ($15+), plus a new bag to put all this in ($30+) plus he'll need to do firmware updates and DGI Go updates regularly, and then reset his his DJI GO settings each time there's an update, plus deal with all the NFZones in Canada...

He's going to LOVE DJI then.

This guy reminds me of Ned Beatty at the beginning of Deliverance when he's complaining about bug bites. :D

giphy.gif
Not to mention a workstation class PC with 4-6GB video card, fast SSD drive, 32GB of RAM, i7 CPU and 4K monitor, to cut his holiday video's. +2000$

Maybe somebody already touched this but this thread is too long for me to check entirely.

if you dont agree with the op then why waste your time posting?oh right lots scour threads just to find someone to rag on
like i say,this forum is 10% helpful and 90% trolling,sad
So what you're saying is that only people who agree with an OP are eligible to post a reaction?
What's the point of a forum then? If we'd all agree with each other who would even care to follow a discussion?
The world doesn't turn by likes alone.

I disagree with people doing stupid things with drones, simple. Buying a drone only days before going on a holiday, hoping to sort things out and become a pilot in the process, while making a lot of fuzz about a stupid little usb cable for his unsupported phone, for instance.

Reactions: RaYiTa
So what you're saying is that only people who agree with an OP are eligible to post a reaction?
What's the point of a forum then? If we'd all agree with each other who would even care to follow a discussion?
The world doesn't turn by likes alone.

I disagree with people doing stupid things with drones, simple. Buying a drone only days before going on a holiday, hoping to sort things out and become a pilot in the process, while making a lot of fuzz about a stupid little usb cable for his unsupported phone, for instance.
no not at all,but we dont know his level of drone expertise ,,these drones may be over whelming and what we learn in a day make take him longer and what we consider pocket change just may be his next meal,
some of these posts were down right inexcusable but he hasnt really hit back so i wonder who has the better morals?
some should ask themselves this.

no not at all,but we dont know his level of drone expertise ,,these drones may be over whelming and what we learn in a day make take him longer and what we consider pocket change just may be his next meal,
some of these posts were down right inexcusable but he hasnt really hit back so i wonder who has the better morals?
some should ask themselves this.
I agree we can always do with less hate.
And it's noble of you to step up for the bullied.

Some here also need to up their sense of humour though. Without body language words get misinterpreted all too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne