DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very disappointed with my new Nvidia Shield

I'm trying but I can't get my PC to see it in device manager. I've loaded up the windows drivers but when I try to update the driver Windows tells me that I've got the up to date driver even if I choose the folder where I saved the drivers. Device manager sees the Shield but only as a Portable Device not an Android device. I can't seem to enable MTP USB on the Shield, I can't find that option, only charge only, transfer files, PTP and MIDI, MTP just isn't there..
when you plug the usb into the PC you should get a notification on your shield, click the notification and it should bring up options on the USB connection type.. also make sure you have USB debugging turned on..

I know it should but there the option for MTP doesn't appear, only charge, transfer files, PTP and MIDI. I'll have another try later, have given up for the moment..

It's the transfer files option that you need to click on. If you've done that I'm surprised it still doesn't show in device manager. I'm sure you've also tried this already but also try another USB port on the laptop. ( Must admit this is turning in to a right royal pain the arse for you).

Today I flew two batteries with my shield k1 and the newest updates on drone and dji 4, but with android 6. No issues - Fantastic.

I also noticed it is better without video cache.

Reactions: Sneakymofo
It's the transfer files option that you need to click on. If you've done that I'm surprised it still doesn't show in device manager. I'm sure you've also tried this already but also try another USB port on the laptop. ( Must admit this is turning in to a right royal pain the arse for you).

I'll have another go tomorrow Tim, I'm sure it's me being stupid. :)

I am still running 5.0 Lolipop on my Acer Iconia tablet and (knock on wood) have not had an app crash in all 75 flights I have made.

I know squat about Android devices and how often the OS should be updated as I am an Apple guy however my iPad Mini original did not make the cut so I spent 50 bucks on the Acer tablet which seems fine.

Not rubbing it in but I have 70 flights with Litchi and most of those on the latest Android build. Only had one issue when the underlying maps API updated mid-flight, and that only killed the map. I really don't know why some people have such difficulty and I don't. My only guess is battery optimization interfering with real-time app priorities.

If I were to buy the nvidia shield tablet, which android version would it come with. If it came with 5.0 and not 6.0, is there a way to upgrade to just 6.0 and 7.0? I'm strongly considering this tablet now that the source of the app crashes seems to have been figured out.

There was quite a large update for the Shield this evening, 5.1. 700mb. It mentions stability fixes so fingers crossed. Will try it out later today..

Today is the first day I was able to fly since the downgrade to 6.0.. Great!! No crashes, flew 2 packs and around 30 minutes of 4k video.. no problem at all, forgot how great this tablet is..

In that case I will simply roll the OS back to Marshmallow (Android 6.0). I need this to work for my hdmi goggles which should arrive soon.

I found that the fatshark goggles would not work with the nivida hdmi out. Tablet puts out 1080 and goggles only accept 720. Fatshark asked if I could lower output of tablet and found no way to do it. Sent the fatshark transformer goggles back and looked at the other models and there also 720 in.
Hoping i missed something but have found others with same problem.

Hi All.

I have a shield K1 with 7.0. Only a couple of short 3-4 Min flights. with no problems. "Too Cold"
I got the Shield for the HDMI output. I'm kind of an Android guy. Because I haven't tried anything Apple.
But not against it. Especially if there is higher reliability. Is there anything Apple, that has Video / HDMI out like the shield ? I'm not a computer / tech guy and don't know if I could revert my Shield to 6.0.
Would there be other issues if I got a Mini 4 and used it for my Mavic only ?
I don't mind paying if it can work reliably. But I don't have the technical knowledge.

Thanks for your help.

Well. I had a friend who was able to convert my Shield to 6.0 Only a 5 min flight so far. but it worked..

So I installed the large 5.1 K1 update the other evening, did a factory reset and reinstalled Go4 and it still crashes after about 5 minutes. I had a long chat online with Nvidia support the past couple of evenings, I lodged this as an issue via the settings on the K1 itself and they tell me they are going to escalate this. :) So today I'm going to try to return it to Amazon but as I've had it for over 30 days I'm not sure how well that'll go. If they do take it back I'll (regrettably) be buying an iPad Mini 4. :(

I know I could rollback to Marshmallow but Nvidia confirmed that would invalidate the warranty on a month old tablet which is ****. Nvidia confirmed that there is no 'official' way to rollback. What a crazy fcuked up situation.

This reminds me why I try to buy from Amazon whenever I can..

Despite me having the K1 for 6 weeks, they've agreed to send me a new one and take this one back so I'll end up with one still with a full warranty and usable with Android 5, result..

What's the consensus here, Lollipop or Marshmallow is best with Go4 or both work equally well?

I take it all these problems are with the DJI Go4? I haven't' had one crash with litchi and currently on the new 7.1 update that came out a day or two ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2