DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very soon to be new pilot

mwardncsu

Reactions
I'm just about to purchase a Mavic 2 Pro - have been debating getting a quad for a long time as I want to use it to capture some footage while out striper fishing and other things but have just never gotten up the nerve - but no time like the present and learning of the replacement options from DJI has pushed me over the edge - will be getting some type of floatation option for sure for those water flights...

Appreciate all the info on the forum here as I've been doing research on what to go with, and the necessary set of options..... now I just need to make a decision if I go with the Smart Controller bundle, or if I go with the regular controller and use my iPhone XS, or perhaps pick up an iPad mini 4 or a Samsung Note 8 (for the screen brightness).

Hope to be airborne soon!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: mwardncsu
I would be tempted to go for the smart controller which has just had a new firmware update today. You are spoilt for choice lol. Welcome to the forum dude, you are sure going to have a ton of fun with that M2P!
Pz

Looking at the price for Ebay sales on used controllers I am much more leaning that way now.... the question is how much I can get by the "CFO" at home :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

enjoy! I predict you won't be back to tell us how your drone randomly crashed, fell out of the sky, or flew away,

because I can tell you are someone who will read the manual, front to back

twice [emoji6]

what's a manual? You mean that fireplace tinder that companies are so nice to include in product boxes :p

In all seriousness - I am confident that it is a matter of when - not if one of the above will occur (hence why I've been doing a lot of googling on float options, GPS trackers, etc, etc....)

Reactions: pvs
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Looking at the price for Ebay sales on used controllers I am much more leaning that way now....
If you buy a new Mavic, it comes with a controller.
You don't have to buy one separately.
what's a manual? You mean that fireplace tinder that companies are so nice to include in product boxes
You won't find a manual in the box.
You have to download it from DJI's website.
- will be getting some type of floatation option for sure for those water flights...
I'd hold off on that idea.
Those contraptions are very appealing to nervous new flyers but not necessarily a good thing.
Your drone is a lightweight flying machine and flies just as well over land or sea.
But by strapping something like that to it, you will handicap it's ability to fly properly.
The wind resistance and weight will eat battery time, slow the drone and handicap its ability to deal with winds.
Rather than acting to improve safety, it could contribute to the loss of your drone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_