DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibration w/ low noise props?

Do you use low noise props on a Mavic Pro non-Platinum version?

• I use low noise props on my Mavic Pro and have not had any vibration problems with them.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • I use low noise props on my Mavic Pro and have had any vibration problems with them.

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Very good. During preflight I'll pinch the landing legs checking for strange sounds, bearings and such, and vibration, while at hover. Anyone know what the current draw is between low noise and original props? From the numerous flight time tests, it appears we are drawing greater motor current for the higher pitch lower RPM blades. There may be an ESC readout?

At any point my MP1 is happier with the stock blades with latest firmware update but insist all bade sets could use a balance check..at least we don't have to check for tracking...but easy enough to check for when at hover.
It's difficult to get an 'in flight' reading of motor current - but - I have done some comparisons regarding rpm and flight duration with DJI quiet [8331] prop's and their equivalent in carbon-fibre ... In general, what I found was that a lower rpm could mean that the motor was working harder to turn the prop. In the case of the CF pro's that was certainly so, because there was a reduction in flight time [i.e. higher battery drain]. The only prop's that seem to be more 'efficient' i.e. they have a lower rpm than the DJI stock sets - AND - they give equivalent or better battery / flight duration - are the [glass-fibre] Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's ...
Just as a matter of interest ... stock DJI Mavic Pro prop's are 8330 ... 8.3" diameter x 3.0" pitch. Quiet DJI prop's (Platinum) are 8331 ... 8.3" diameter x 3.1" pitch. In other words, they are pretty much the same except for the 1/10th inch difference in pitch, and the fancy tips on the 'quiet' set. The Master Airscrew prop's have quite different tips with a turned up edge - but are also courser pitched - 8.3" diameter x 4.4" pitch:
DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Orange

MAS.jpg

It's difficult to get an 'in flight' reading of motor current - but - I have done some comparisons regarding rpm and flight duration with DJI quiet [8331] prop's and their equivalent in carbon-fibre ... In general, what I found was that a lower rpm could mean that the motor was working harder to turn the prop. In the case of the CF pro's that was certainly so, because there was a reduction in flight time [i.e. higher battery drain]. The only prop's that seem to be more 'efficient' i.e. they have a lower rpm than the DJI stock sets - AND - they give equivalent or better battery / flight duration - are the [glass-fibre] Master Airscrew 'Stealth' prop's ...
snip

Looks good, thank you!
One set ordered in white...

Last edited:
Reactions: FoxhallGH

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31