DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video: 2 mile flight over Dense city

Status
Not open for further replies.

RallySoob

Reactions

This was a flight I did today that covered about 9000ft over dense city here in Eugene Oregon... This was a low altitude flight from Sheldon high school to River bend Hospital at about 180-300feet high

This was a flight I did today that covered about 9000ft over dense city here in Eugene Oregon... This was a low altitude flight from Sheldon high school to River bend Hospital at about 180-300feet high

Idiots like this are killing our hobby.
Like seriously dont fly that this, our flying space is not limited to stupid remote areas and uninstresting pieces of land

Way too close to the houses. If you're going to fly over buildings, which I discourage, at least fly high.

Can I ask A question without any smart *** responses. .... we will see..lol..... Isn't the whole flying in line of sight a recommendation , not a rule? I ask because i sometimes definitely go out of line of sight, i mean why have a product that you can't fully use at times? I don't agree with going miles away in a city , i know how quick you can loose connection, but i live on edge of city and have a habit of flying around the woods and obviously I'm way out of line of sight. BTW, I didn't view the video, just the comments posted and thats why I'm asking?

Reactions: Yoshizakura

Ok I have to make a comment on here even though I will be vilified by some.
For this forum to retain any respect it might have left, I strongly recommend to the moderators to remove this type of listing and accompanied video as it is not helping our cause with respect to the general public's interpretation of drones and the law!
Recreational flying has basically been banned in Canada with huge fines for not abiding by the rules. The States will follow suit very quickly as will other countries thanks to people who blatantly show a complete disregard for safety and the law !
Did this guy not even think that what he did might be totally illegal?
Just blows my mind sometimes.
This is not a knock to any of us who fly responsibly or even anyone who might occasionally fly too close to something cnce in a while.
Happens to all of us.
I'm just trying to preserve the drone industry for all of us,
I fly commercially with my Inspire as well and the new laws are making it more difficult even for me with my SFOC.
I'm just wondering where this industry will be in 5 years!

Ok I have to make a comment on here even though I will be vilified by some.
For this forum to retain any respect it might have left, I strongly recommend to the moderators to remove this type of listing and accompanied video as it is not helping our cause with respect to the general public's interpretation of drones and the law!
Recreational flying has basically been banned in Canada with huge fines for not abiding by the rules. The States will follow suit very quickly as will other countries thanks to people who blatantly show a complete disregard for safety and the law !
Did this guy not even think that what he did might be totally illegal?
Just blows my mind sometimes.
This is not a knock to any of us who fly responsibly or even anyone who might occasionally fly too close to something cnce in a while.
Happens to all of us.
I'm just trying to preserve the drone industry for all of us,
I fly commercially with my Inspire as well and the new laws are making it more difficult even for me with my SFOC.
I'm just wondering where this industry will be in 5 years!
Totally agree with your statement....

There is nothing illegal or irresponsible about my flight path. Thats a fact!

There are some people that hate themselves here and want spread that nastiness. Dont bite. These guys are trolls that most likely dont own a drone and instead just love to spread negativity. Or maybe they need to fly more than yap about flying who knows. Just sayn. U guys need counseling or sumn. Ur the ones that are having the negative effect by not understanding your rights and standing up for them. Take your hate to another thread please

Btw here is my flight record. 90 flights and no legal trouble, no complaints in the 3 months ive had her... i got this hobby on lock
4c56fc83e16b169b55db9c5120a7d2e1.jpg

Oh look. Someone else breaking the law and then posting the video! Good thing none of the authorities who want to shut us down (as they have effectively done in Canada) ever look on here.....

Oh look someone else that doesn't know what the law IS and wants to criticize others. If he's not a 107 pilot flying for commercial purposes he's not breaking any LAWS. The things you think are laws are RULES, have not associated penalties and he assumes all civil liabilities for failure or liabilities for breaking any local laws regarding negligence.

There is nothing illegal or irresponsible about my flight path. Thats a fact!

There are some people that hate themselves here and want spread that nastiness. Dont bite. These guys are trolls that most likely dont own a drone and instead just love to spread negativity. Or maybe they need to fly more than yap about flying who knows. Just sayn. U guys need counseling or sumn. Ur the ones that are having the negative effect by not understanding your rights and standing up for them. Take your hate to another thread please

Line of sight..... need I say more

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe