DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video and Photo Settings -Screen Shots

MichiganMavic

Reactions
I originally bought the Drones to enjoy flying and take occasional pictures and videos. My interests have changed after seeing what great pictures that can be taken with these 4K cameras.
I was wondering if it’s possible for you guys to help out others like myself in learning different settings and their outcomes?
It would help tremendously if you can post up a screenshot of your monitor in the Go app while shooting, (or ready to go) and then the photo from that setting? What Filters, if used would be great too.
I know there’s dozens of threads out there on how to adjust, shoot, film, etc, but the info out there is endless and sometimes contradictory/confusing. It would be easiest for me to copy your exact settings and try to replicate a setting for a picture that preceded it. I’m one of those people that does better shown, than explained to. Some of these videos and pictures are awesome, and I hope to be half as good one day and get better each time.
I thank you for whatever help gets posted in advance [emoji106].
Btw, I’m interested in the Mavic settings, but I’m sure it’ll help me with the Inspire and Phantoms I also fly.

Reactions: Bontie
I guess I’ll post the first picture too. This was a screenshot from another members video. It looks to me very unfocused, especially for 4K ...
What settings would help in this situation ?

b07e2d33ca0f6f85e5be171eca4f57e8.jpg

No one wants to share in this thread? If there are other threads just like what I’m asking for, please share a link maybe? I have actually done some searching, but not any I could find with Screenshots and their corresponding pictures....

I guess I’ll post the first picture too. This was a screenshot from another members video. It looks to me very unfocused, especially for 4K ...

I’m not sure any settings would have helped in this situation. To me it looks like the shot was directly into or towards the sun and the camera is catching flare. Backlit shots are notorious for this. Using a sun shade and boosting ISO to expose for shadows might help, but boosting ISO will blow out the highlights. A combo ND-PL filter might have worked as well.

First, you can see in the screenshot that the camera was set to 2.7k not 4K. But that’s what video recorded to the microSD card will be. What’s captured in a screen recording of DJI Go won’t show that. You’re going to see much lower quality because you’re seeing a lower-resolution image being sent back to the controller, in this case from a very long distance.

Thanks for all the tips and link. There seems to be a lot more photography than flying these drones. [emoji15]
I appreciate the time for your posts [emoji106]

I see your on auto and it already has the ISO at 100, which means you do not have a filter on or the shutter would not be up to 3200. A ND 32 or 64 would bring down the shutter and help with glare. // As a side note, your name indicates you are in Michigan. If so, your out 6 miles according to your screen. I am not going to lecture, just suggest, this is way, way beyond VLOS and in a Class D Air Space. If your going to fly this way, it would probably not be prudent to advertise it. You could potentially receive a lot of flak, or even hear from the wrong people. If you do post these screens, I would ONLY SUGGEST that you cover the distance on the screen. Safe Flying.

Correction: My mistake, went back and saw that this was someone else's screen shot. However, you might want to let them know the same.

That pic I posted in the beginning was just an example of what I wanted to get hints and tips on. I found that in another thread here.
Here’s a picture I took today:

DJI_0343.JPG

I forgot to take a screenshot..
It’s on auto and default settings with no filters. Approximately 160’ up.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji