DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video and video

mavic53

Reactions
I can experiment but has anybody tried to set the video recording app recording and then launched Go 4 . Giving you video of the Mavic in flight?

Im sure you can use your Phones Camera to video - But I would Hover first...
Then hit the MAIN HOME Button - (to Minimise DJI Go 4 - it will bring up the Home screen but not close the running DJIgo4 app)

Now Launch the camera -

... and video the hovering drone (If the Video or DJI app crashes - yr RC will still work fine)

Lets say all goes well - Finish with the Video then Load the Windows of Apps running (Next to the Home Button) … and Select DJI go 4 and continue...

… It may even allow you to keep the video running - but I have a feeling like it may well overload yr Phone -

PS - Regularly my other apps Pop up - or a call Comes in while Im flying - … Yeah! Irritating! - … But there is No link from the Phones Camera to the the DJI GO 4 App - So it may work fine -
Make sure yr on a Fast Phone (id advise)

Let me Know How it goes...

Last edited:
Im sure you can use your Phones Camera to video - But I would Hover first...
Then hit the MAIN HOME Button - (to Minimise DJI Go 4 - it will bring up the Home screen but not close the running DJIgo4 app)

Now Launch the camera -

... and video the hovering drone (If the Video or DJI app crashes - yr RC will still work fine)

Lets say all goes well - Finish with the Video then Load the Windows of Apps running (Next to the Home Button) … and Select DJI go 4 and continue...

… It may even allow you to keep the video running - but I have a feeling like it may well overload yr Phone -

PS - Regularly my other apps Pop up - or a call Comes in while Im flying - … Yeah! Irritating! - … But there is No link from the Phones Camera to the the DJI GO 4 App - So it may work fine -
Make sure yr on a Fast Phone (id advise)

Let me Know How it goes...
Excellent very thorough thanks. I will report back.

… SO I did some testing ….
It appears that its possible.

Its Possible to use the SAME Camera Phone that your Drone Controller is on - to shoot Pictures of your Actual Drone Taking off, Hovering or doing Stunts.
This Video was done while controlling with Litchi App in the Background

Watch Both …. INTRO

My OWN real test Video (Using my Phone Camera that's connected to the RC) while Controlling with LITCHI -

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure