DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video archive with GPS and flight data

deathmajor

Reactions
I'm an avid photographer and find it quite fun to look back at photos taken 10-15 years ago and see their GPS location on the built-in map in Adobe Lightroom. I have't done much video so my current system is just to create a folder and name it "YYYYMMDD - Description". For flight data, I've got a free account at Airdata but it isn't sustainable long term and I dislike the idea of relying on a SaaS with a monthly fee.

How do you manage your video archives and flight data?

Some of the drones can add a subtitles track to the video as an SRT which, in the likes of VLC, displays some usefully data

I found out/recalled that earlier firmware of M2 did not include GPS in the SRT. Bummer.

I need to start documenting in a spreadsheet where I flew for a video, and any noted observations.

Take a photo during the shoot, they have GPS in their exif and the date / time stamps should match. Or look at the flight logs, even the ones in the 'profile' section of the app.

Thanks for the suggestions. For now, I'll make use of buddb55s method of storing the flightlog in the video folder I create for the flight event. I also really like PhiliusFogggs suggestion on taking a photo and having the geo data there.

Reactions: buddb55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786