DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video bouce or flutter issue

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This morning I sent my Mavic platinum out for a quick flight. Shortly into the flight as the aircraft was moving forward I noticed on the screen a video bounce or flutter occasionally. There is no bounce while hovering. I searched the forum for info but didn't find anything. It never did this before and I'm wondering if a setting is wrong. Gimbal seems fine and that there is nothing out of place. No crashed at all. Play back from the sd card is the same. Anyone have any thoughts? ease?

Reactions: BD0G
I know you said that the gimbal and camera appear fine , but you should double check that the bracket that holds the gimbal has all of the rubber retaining rings and that the assembly is beneath the anti drop hook.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks for the reply. All of that is fine, nothing appears out of place. I checked it against my other Mavic Platinum which doesn't have this issue.

Reactions: BD0G
No error messages appeared
I did a gimbal calibration but won't be able to rest until l the rain stops.

Can you upload a sample?
The fluttering could be what many call jello effect, caused by light being chopped up by the props. It's more common on phantoms, particularly noticeable at high speed shutter and light angle is somewhat shallow.

Bounce could also be flying upwind during high wind where AC is angled low for thrust and gimbal reaches its upper limit.

I didnt save any video but I realize now I should have. There was no wind but I did see propeller flutter on both sides of the video. It was over case and not much sun.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and help. I did a gimbal calibration and angled the camera down some to remove any prop wash. After it stopped raining I took it out and surprise! no more flutter! Cant thank everyone enough for the support. This is really a great forum!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute