DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video claims 20k feet altitude with m2p

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Carry on gentlemen. I don't understand the direction this is going. Do I need to buy a phantom to fly like this without Consequences? Is that what you are trying to say?
Or should I not buy a M2P because it won't do it?
Or is it because with a phantom I could fly next month right now?
So confusing. :D
It's just pointing out that the video purporting to be a Mavic Pro and showing what it can do is a complete con job.
It was shot with an old Phantom 2 back before they had altitude limits and it didn't go to 20000 ft at all.
More like 4000 ft.
The moral of the story is: Don't automatically believe everything you are told - think for yourself.

Last edited:
It is not Mavic. At 7:13 with Camera pointing down you an see there is something coming into the field of view (left), which I do not think mavic's show in that position. Someone wants some YouTube views and making fake videos.
Haha you said fake videos... be safe, fly smart

This is why we can't have nice things. He could've at least went over water and somewhere there wouldn't likely be air traffic.

That being said I'm pretty impressed by the capability of the drone.

ANYONE that does something this stupid and causes a death..... should be taken up to the height of the collision and pushed out of the chopper. NECKED!
and notice that I said A N Y O N E...... ( not aimed at a particular member )

Last edited:
Reactions: cdubNga
ANYONE that does something this stupid and causes a death..... should be taken up to the height of the collision and pushed out of the chopper. NECKED!
Sorry if I offend any pencil necked liberals out there
Why so specific? What about anyone else you might offend?

Nice! Trying to generate clicks. Has nobody seen he will have made the flight in october 2018 as has written in the title? Back to the future...
Clip itself is going up at about maybe 4000m.
Absolutely badly made fake ...

Last edited:
Yeah, well last night I flew my new Mavic 2 Pro to THE MOON, here's the picture to prove it! OcuSynch 2.0 is amazing! I'm thinking of flying to the Sun as soon as it gets back... no smart alec comments about it burning up on the Sun, I'm planning on going at night.

View attachment 45890
Better get approval from FAA before doing the Sun trip, I believe they will say thats their domain...also Homeland Security needs to sign off on that trip also. Post video when you get into one of those solar flares, should be awesome set to music by Yanni.

This is why we can't have nice things. He could've at least went over water and somewhere there wouldn't likely be air traffic.

Hi, as others have said, this looks false !
MP2 spec gives rate of ascent at 5 mtrs per second, approximately 10 ft/sec, and to reach 20,000 ft would take about 2000 seconds or just over 33 minutes.
Well, how come the claimed altitude is reached on the video at just over 4 minutes ?
Either the altitude is about 2500 feet or someone is wasting our time.

Reactions: Classic flyer
MP2 spec gives rate of ascent at 5 mtrs per second, approximately 10 ft/sec, and to reach 20,000 ft would take about 2000 seconds or just over 33 minutes.
Well, how come the claimed altitude is reached on the video at just over 4 minutes ?
I agree 100%...the time being wasted is responding to this clown

While this video is fake, 5 meters is not 10 feet, it’s 16.4 feet.

That's not 20,000'. Those look like Nimbostratus clouds to me. I would estimate 10K feet at best - probably closer to 7,000 feet.

No it is not 20000 ft not even close.
Look at this video from 8200 ft with mavic pro

Here we got incredible 33000 ft - 10 km with some kind of drone
Earth is changing it shape obviously cuz of fisheye lens camera. That is why we got in one shot concave earth in another flat earth and in yet another round earth. But you clearly can see when drone remain still that it is flat. It always has been. No matter what is the altitude.

And here it is 110000 ft - 33 km with high altitude ballon
Still flat. Where is the curve guys? At 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ft? or more?
OMG another one who thinks the earth is a tiny plane of land. I mean it has to be if we cant see a curve right! Too bad the earth isn't tiny nor is it flat. You wont see any curve not even from the space station. Why? well ill tell you why bc its not small its not pluto its the earth. Yep they def add on fish eye lenses for lord knows what and yeah a lot of footage said to be sent from the ISS is bs filmed in a studio but do you all really believe the earth to be a flat disk in the middle of nothing!?! Or is it more logical to say that the very same people who you say must be lying to us all about the shape of the earth actually be lying about what it is theyre doing out in space. No right. They only lie about the shape and all the countries are in on it.. Come on

OMG another one who thinks the earth is a tiny plane of land. I mean it has to be if we cant see a curve right!

Nope. Never said either.

Too bad the earth isn't tiny nor is it flat. You wont see any curve not even from the space station. Why? well ill tell you why bc its not small its not pluto its the earth.

Thank you for the astronomy lesson.

Yep they def add on fish eye lenses for lord knows what and yeah a lot of footage said to be sent from the ISS is bs filmed in a studio but do you all really believe the earth to be a flat disk in the middle of nothing!?!

Nope. I never even eluded that the Earth was flat.

Or is it more logical to say that the very same people who you say must be lying to us all about the shape of the earth actually be lying about what it is theyre doing out in space. No right. They only lie about the shape and all the countries are in on it.. Come on

It took me a minute...but I BELIEVE this is your version of an "argument????" Yes????

Aside from the fact that I never stated or even eluded to any of the assertions you accused me of - all grammar issues aside - your argument seriously lacks eloquence or relevance. That said...

MY arguments for the fakery of this "20,000 feet" video were valid. Perhaps you should go back and read what I wrote, and see if you can tackle THOSE arguments.

Good luck!

i didn't make the video or claim to and I'm rather wet behind the ears when it comes to flying drones. Just thought I seen something interesting and would share but didn't hire a private investigator to check out the legitimacy. I'll be more reserved next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Classic flyer
Jesus christ i didn't make the video or claim to and I'm rather wet behind the ears when it comes to flying drones. Just thought I seen something interesting and would share but didn't hire a private investigator to check out the legitimacy. I'll be more reserved next time.

Welcome to MavicPilots Forum! There is a lot of GOOD information in some threads. Really!

Welcome to MavicPilots Forum! There is a lot of GOOD information in some threads. Really!

25k feet in 3.5 minutes! That is a vertical clime speed of over 50mph. MP3 maybe?

Jesus christ i didn't make the video or claim to and I'm rather wet behind the ears when it comes to flying drones. Just thought I seen something interesting and would share but didn't hire a private investigator to check out the legitimacy. I'll be more reserved next time.

If you find yourself vexed by people who challenge your false claims, unless you shape up, check your sources and verify your stories, you're in for an entire life of ****. And you can take that to the bank.

Remember when schools taught critical thinking? Exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find yourself vexed by people who challenge your false claims, unless you shape up, check your sources and verify your stories, you're in for an entire life of h**** And you can take that to the bank.

Remember when schools taught critical thinking? Exactly.
Wow. Pretentious much? Not so critical thinking on your part.
The OP shared a video he found. and has to take this?
Wana start a poll and see who the fool is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111