DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video claims 20k feet altitude with m2p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racemepls

Reactions
This is why we can't have nice things. He could've at least went over water and somewhere there wouldn't likely be air traffic.

That being said I'm pretty impressed by the capability of the drone.

That being said I'm pretty impressed by the capability of the drone.
That would be amazing if it was a Mavic 2 and if it went to 6200 metres
But we don't see anything to show it was a Mavic 2 and we don't see anything to show how high it was except for him posting a number on the screen.
Having seen too many fake videos purporting to show all sorts of things, I'd suggest a little skepticism might be appropriate.
Anyone really wanting to show how high they went would show some recording of the of the app screen view - but there's none here.
Anyone wondering if a Mavic 2 really did that would do a little basic arithmetic on time to ascend 6200 metres and add on time to descend the same distance and compare that to the battery life of the aircraft.
They would quickly decide that this was not a Mavic 2 and/or it is not a trip up to 20000 ft and back.

Last edited:
It is not Mavic. At 7:13 with Camera pointing down you an see there is something coming into the field of view (left), which I do not think mavic's show in that position. Someone wants some YouTube views and making fake videos.

the rc in his hand at the end looked like a phantom rc, this didnt look like 20kft, theres lots of vids of guys going 8kft with a mav1 and looked same as this vid, i know u can change the assend and dessend speed in paramters in assistant when modded so i think 20k could be possible but i dont think this vid was it

It is not Mavic. At 7:13 with Camera pointing down you an see there is something coming into the field of view (left), which I do not think mavic's show in that position. Someone wants some YouTube views and making fake videos.
Good spotting. It shows at 9:14 as well.
That appears to be the landing gear of a Phantom but it's still more than a stretch to get one to that height and back.

Someone using Phantom video and telling you it's a Mavic is trying to deceive.
Given that there's nothing like proof of the claimed height, it can safely be assumed, that it's fake as well.
It appears to be somewhere in Turkey which has been to origin of other hoax altitude videos.

Last edited:
I expect it will be possible to modify the ceiling though, to be fair in mountainous areas it's good to be able to go higher if need be and still be only a few feet above surface.
Definitely a phantom controller at end.
Video is pile of poo clickbait.

No it is not 20000 ft not even close.
Look at this video from 8200 ft with mavic pro

Here we got incredible 33000 ft - 10 km with some kind of drone
Earth is changing it shape obviously cuz of fisheye lens camera. That is why we got in one shot concave earth in another flat earth and in yet another round earth. But you clearly can see when drone remain still that it is flat. It always has been. No matter what is the altitude.

And here it is 110000 ft - 33 km with high altitude ballon
Still flat. Where is the curve guys? At 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 ft? or more?

Last edited:
also at the end he has a large White controler.

looked like a phantom

Last edited:
Yeah, well last night I flew my new Mavic 2 Pro to THE MOON, here's the picture to prove it! OcuSynch 2.0 is amazing! I'm thinking of flying to the Sun as soon as it gets back... no smart alec comments about it burning up on the Sun, I'm planning on going at night.

videoblocks-lunar-landscape-moon-surface_hl-85cvlz_thumbnail-full01.png

Whew! Glad you guy sleuthed that out! I almost thought that someone flew a toy drone to higher than a safe altitude!
It was just a phantom, not a brand new Mavic, so it is not real or dangerous. Man o man, that was a close call! :D

Around 1 min, when the camera if faced down, if you look at the curvature, it is a fisheye lens. The M2P won't have that kind of distortion.

Does what kind of drone it was excuse that kind of flight?
I feel like what took the picture pales in comparison to why the picture was taken. But that's just me. Logic stinks. :D

Reactions: LakeTravis
I'm not gonna get into the "drone Nazi" mode, but as a private pilot, I don't want to have ANY kind of drone competing in my airspace. NOT TO MENTION, it says "2018 October"... I just doublechecked and it is still September

Mavic 2 Pro

qIBIa1P.jpg

@7:01 in the video, when you play it at 25% speed, the Phantoms' arm and prop are clearly visible.

LOL! Carry on gentlemen. I don't understand the direction this is going. Do I need to buy a phantom to fly like this without Consequences? Is that what you are trying to say?
Or should I not buy a M2P because it won't do it?
Or is it because with a phantom I could fly next month right now?
So confusing. :D

Reactions: lolo780
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph