DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video: crashed mavic the first day

If you do fly inside change your settings to accommodate ceiling height, etc. Change your loss of connection settings to hover as well.

ive just been flying my Phantom 3, but its the same thing there i think.. when pushing the RTH-button, the drone will automaticly fly to a higher level.. and after that adjust according to GPS RTH-point, and then ascend? I guess it will fly up higher to be sure there is no obstacles in the way when trying to RTH :)

ive just been flying my Phantom 3, but its the same thing there i think.. when pushing the RTH-button, the drone will automaticly fly to a higher level.. and after that adjust according to GPS RTH-point, and then ascend? I guess it will fly up higher to be sure there is no obstacles in the way when trying to RTH :)

Actually it could be Smart RTH, which means it may ascend to avoid an obstacle that was at the start of the RTH route.

Actually it could be Smart RTH, which means it may ascend to avoid an obstacle that was at the start of the RTH route.

yeah you are probably right, that was what i meant :)

anyway, i think its possible to set the preset ascend-level to, so that the drone for example fly to 50m height, before trying to descent :)

It did survive. 3 new props, a few minor scratches, gimbal calibration, and a load of hurt pride is all it cost.

More importantly, I now have a better understanding of return to home.

People learn more from failure than success.

I didn't read the manual myself, but I did watch about a dozen YouTube videos before my mavic arrived. I always knew gps is outdoors and RTH limitations.

First Crashed of mine just yesterday flying indoor into a high table. Due to tight space, the turbulence could have affected the airflow leading to tornado effect while mavic tried to station itself with having no GPS. Crashed hard into a high table though sensors tried to stop it. Think lighting could be main reason why sensors didn't work. Both forearms folded back with the force and blade made deep scratched into table top both ways, but.....camera had no damage, phew.

Hate to say it. Why do people spend 1000.00 and fly inside a building when you can spend 100.00 and tear the crap out of something and laugh about it. I guess it has to do with gray matter. ( sorry, I just see this scenario too much)
100 dollars drone not suitable to fly indoors.

it was my failure to understand how return to home functions.

It was dark, so I Was flying indoors in "tripod mode."

I had spent about 40 minutes total flying in this space in multiple flights.

I pushed return to home button, assuming it would return to where it took off.

Instead, it began to rapidly ascend and fly towards dangerous obstacles. I pulled down on the stick and reached up to snatch the mavic out of the air....which caused the avoidance system to fly away from me rapidly and into an obstacle.

Oops!

I am more interested in that nice epoxied floor

****, Well I'm a firefighter too and I bought a Hubsan 4x to fly a in our garage.. it's taken a lot of bad crashes, but still work.. I only use my flight sim when I want to fly with my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne