DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software.

You can find a list of commonly used video editing apps here.

Been trying out VideoPad. Does a decent job and not hard to learn. Definitely not high end but gets the job done for now. They have a free trial, $30 to buy. You can see a vid I made from my first day of flying the Mini 2 at

Reactions: Himerosteam
I use Resolve and have for quite a while in my business. There are a number of decent beginner tutorials on YouTube and as well, you can download the DR 16 tutorial from Black Magic's website (https://documents.blackmagicdesign....solve-16-Beginners-Guide.pdf?_v=1601447820000 ) or if you prefer a hard copy, it is available on Amazon. BM's version 16 tutorial works for both version 16 and 17.

If you have never used pro grade editing software, the learning curve is a bit steep, but you will find that it prepares you for other high-level software such as Adobe or Apple's offerings. The paid version of DR allows multiple GPUs for faster processing and is a bargain at $299, but honestly, the free version will satisfy the majority of uses that someone starting out will require.

If you have access to Lynda (now LinkedIn Learning), there is a good beginning tutorial on Version 16. Many public libraries have subscriptions to this service, so check with your local library to see if they offer access to Lynda.com which is normally subscription based.

Additionally, there are now a few helpful tutorials on version 17 on YouTube. I like this one but there are others:

Good luck.

Reactions: rickfmdj
If you don't mind a bit of a learning curve and have an up-to-date computer, try Davinci Resolve 17 from Black Magic Design. It's free and will do Hollywood level productions - check it out HERE.

thanks for the tip, I’m going to check that out

I would agree that Davinci Resolve is really good. I am still working on how to run everything. The main thing I want to do is color correction and Davinci works really well with that. Just make sure you have a powerfull enough computer as our almost brand new laptop can hardly run it and it is very slow.

Reactions: rickfmdj
Another vote for Davinci Resolve 17. Full featured editor... for free! Don't let the words "if you don't mind the learning curve" put you off. The BASICS of Davinci Resolve are no more difficult to learn than other programs with less features. The difference is that Davinci Resolve is a program that you can grow into, while the others are programs you can grow out of.

Reactions: Josiah S
Another vote for Davinci Resolve 17. Full featured editor... for free! Don't let the words "if you don't mind the learning curve" put you off. The BASICS of Davinci Resolve are no more difficult to learn than other programs with less features. The difference is that Davinci Resolve is a program that you can grow into, while the others are programs you can grow out of.
Exactly what I said...well at least the point that I was trying to get across.:)

Reactions: Welsh m4vic
Reactions: Josiah S
Yup. I think...verbose?:)
I can awfully wordy at times. When I start thinking about stuff my brain explodes and it all comes out of my fingers.

• Haha
Reactions: Welsh m4vic
No, your explanation was about perfect. What I meant when I said that was the point I was trying to make I only meant something like i agreed with you. Sorry i probably still dont make any sense.

VSDC - open source video editing software with lots of features and YouTube tutorials to help you make great videos. I've used it for each of these videos (and many more):

and

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard