DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing Software

Trini_MP

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Whats the best video editing software out there...PAID or FREE.

What do you guys use and what does some of your compilations look like....

Reactions: boone
iOS, Windows, etc. Makes a big difference. Also, this question has been asked hundreds of times with many good answers. You may want to use the search function on the forum.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Forrest
iOS, Windows, etc. Makes a big difference. Also, this question has been asked hundreds of times with many good answers. You may want to use the search function on the forum.
You can also just look at the front page of this forum area. There are several discussions right there: Editing & Technics (Photo & Video)

That said, I used to use Sony Vegas/Movie Studio, but it's gone downhill since being bought by another company. My preference now is Premiere Pro. DaVinci Resolve also is excellent if your graphics card can handle it.

All have a bit of a learning curve, but all have good tutorials on YouTube that can help a lot.

I use wondershare filmora, its not as advanced as premier pro, its closer to beginner than advanced but its got color correction and that's mostly all I use anyway. I tried some of the free ones like davinci resolve and it was just to much of a resource hog and shot cut but I could never get the results I wanted out of it so I just stick with old reliable filmora.

So, this is like discussing politics...I have used both Final Cut and Adobe Premiere Pro...
I started on Premiere, switched to Final Cut (because where I taught was a 1 to 1 Apple school) loved it until Final Cut X came out...it was like iMovie on steroids and it showed that Apple did not really care about the software...I switched back to Premiere. I use Photoshop and After Effects so the tools are the same.

I have a tricked out iMac that can handle the Adobe Suite flawlessly...Final Cut will render a little faster on a mac then Premiere. I have seen and heard that the new Final Cut is nice and Apple put some more time and effort into the product...But, I am staying with Premiere - I think it is a BEAST!

Reactions: Budmancan
If you own a Mac then Final Cut Pro X is a great choice. Intuitive, plenty of online instructional videos, loads of free effects and more importantly, it produces professional results.

Hey Guys,

Hey Guys,

Apple's IMOVIE works for me. It is not with the most options and capabilities but intuitive and does the job in terms of cutting, adding music and text.

Reactions: usefulshrimp
Hey Guys,

Final Cut Pro X. As with all Mac products, it's slightly more expensive but you get lifelong free updates and the things you can do are amazing

Reactions: Gasjkh2
I'm using Davinci Resolve (Studio, because of the 4k option mostly) as well. The workflow of Davinci Resolve really kickstarted me, a noob, into video editing, color correction and grading, noise reduction (combined with Neat Video). Standard edition is free (no 4K), and Studio edition is "only" 300 dollar which is far less than Premiere Pro for example. You could probably try out the standard edition and upgrade later if you really like it or need the 4k option.

Shotcut works great and very very easy to use. Easiest one yet. Lots of YouTube vids as well... Plus it's 100% free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes