DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Editing

Dragan2000

Reactions
Hi All, Brand new to to the Mavic community. I have a little experience editing photos but not videos. I am interested in eventually getting a commercial drone pilot license. I have played around with some editing software. The DJI app on my phone kills the resolution. If I want to invest in some video editing software I am wondering what y'all recommend. I prefer working on a Mac but I also have access to a PC.

You can find a list of video editors that members of this site often recommend here.

Reactions: LucVN
Thank you.....does anyone know of an online course that teaches you how to use video editing software?

You will find lots of online courses if you search on google.

I've had great luck with finding how-to videos for anything I needed to learn on YouTube. So, that would be an option too if you have the time to gather the knowledge yourself.

Reactions: LucVN
Of the more than a dozen non-linear editing software brands I'm fluent in, when cost and ease of use are the priorities, I prefer to recommend Pinnacle Studio. Pinnacle is backed by the powerhouse AVID and has a remarkably low learning curve for new users. The interface is everything in editing. If price is no object, Harris Leitch Velocity for the PC platform or Final Cut for the Apple are faster and much more expensive, but for the money savings and the ease of use Pinnacle will get the job done nicely. Also please avoid the retail tech pitfall of upgrading every time the next revision comes out. Often new versions are needed to increase stability of to take advantage of newer computer features. Those are needed. Just as often new versions don't really upgrade what you can accomplish and add unnecessary changes to the interface that require time consuming familiarity and reduce the efficiency you've built up over time and use. What you are familiar and comfortable with will always be the most efficient to use. Unless that upgrade adds a feature you really need, or the older version is no longer working on your computer, sticking with even a bit older edit software can keep you productive, efficient, and having fun. Let other folks stay in a constant frenzy of retail induced latest and greatest tech learning curve exhaustion. Whenever I am asked why I use some older apps, sometimes asked with less than good manners, I kindly explain that they do the job as well as - and, due to familiarity, more quickly than - the newer versions. Sometimes the retail madness can take hold and make people forget to use critical thinking. Or manners. Us old timers know that the key to quality is not the latest and greatest anything. It's consistency. It's knowledge. I've been editing for 38 years and using computers to edit since their advent. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Murley
It might pay you to take a look at Davinci Resolve. I'm no expert but having used it on a Mac for a few weeks now I'm very impressed at its capabilities and it has the added benefit of being free. You lose nothing by checking it out and if you don't like it try something else.

If your new to video editing and have a Mac then Apple provides iMovie free of charge and it’s a surprising capable NLE, hundreds of tutorials, both Apple and from others. That will allow you to get a feel for editing and decide if it’s your thing before investing larger amounts of money in more upmarket packages.

For Mac users, here's a quick tutorial to get started using iMovie:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki