DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video feed jumpy

YsniperY

Reactions
Hey guys,
I've been using the ipad mini 4 for a few months now with the mavic and up until I updated with the newest firmware the video feed has been perfectly smooth. Now I cant even get 10 feet away and the video feed is really lagging and jumpy. I put it into airplane mode as well and that didn't help. any ideas?

Have you made sure you have no other apps running on your iPad?

Also try a restart by holding down power button and home button till it restarts?

Did you find the issue? I live in AZ. Gets to 110-115 degrees and the iPad heats up in about 2 minutes and hot to the touch. I know iPads have built in sensors for heat cause the device to regulate it's temperature. You can read about this here: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

These sensors kick in fast when the device is using a resource intensive APP and especially in warm conditions. For optimal performance, Apple suggests operating in a top temperature of 95 degrees.

When it's hot outside and my device is hot, I notice lagging issues like you describe. I'm sure there is more to the issue here and much can be learned on these forums (ISO, Shutter Speed, Defect, etc.)

Heat is just one more think maybe you can rule out.

Did you find the issue? I live in AZ. Gets to 110-115 degrees and the iPad heats up in about 2 minutes and hot to the touch. I know iPads have built in sensors for heat cause the device to regulate it's temperature. You can read about this here: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

These sensors kick in fast when the device is using a resource intensive APP and especially in warm conditions. For optimal performance, Apple suggests operating in a top temperature of 95 degrees.

When it's hot outside and my device is hot, I notice lagging issues like you describe. I'm sure there is more to the issue here and much can be learned on these forums (ISO, Shutter Speed, Defect, etc.)

Heat is just one more think maybe you can rule out.

Hey. Thanks for the answer. Yes I have discovered that when I'm outside and it's hot the iPad heats up more and then the lagging starts!! I try to find shade but then the signal isn't as good if I'm under a tree. Can't seem to find a good solution. Any suggestions? Thanks for the post.

Hey. Thanks for the answer. Yes I have discovered that when I'm outside and it's hot the iPad heats up more and then the lagging starts!! I try to find shade but then the signal isn't as good if I'm under a tree. Can't seem to find a good solution. Any suggestions? Thanks for the post.

I ran into same issue here in Dallas today....I was shocked to say the least as I had read the iPad Mini 4 handled heat fairly well. It was around 107 degrees here in DFW, but I waited until around 6:30PM to fly so it was around 102 LOL. I'm surprised there are not any heat-syncs for all these devices. A friend of mine who flies for a living said even the CrystalSky monitors have the same issue with heat.

My Mini 4 did the same but had chopped video blocks in transmission from time to time. It's getting to be too weak of a device to support the bloated GO4 app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851