DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video files will not play

WESfly8

Reactions
Recently, I videoed 5 movies and these were recorded on a 64Gb card. After downloading them to my computer I found that only the first movie played back OK. The other 4 only provided an error message, saying the file is not recognized. I am suspicious that the files never received the "end of file" info and so are corrupted.
Does any one know how to fix these files as they are very important to me? The files are 2 to just over 3Gb size. I would appreciate any help offered.

What card were you using? Was it a Class 10 from a reputable company?

Yes it is a good card. A 64Gb SanDisk Ultra. Is there a possibility this is a bad choice for a card?

Provided it's a genuine one it is more than fast enough, the mavic video bitrate is not especially high anyway.
Sandisk are the most widely copied but if it has worked previously it should be OK.

Provided it's a genuine one it is more than fast enough, the mavic video bitrate is not especially high anyway.
Sandisk are the most widely copied but if it has worked previously it should be OK.

I have a friend using the same card and he suggested I format it each time I use it. I have tried this and no problems since. Have you heard anything on this? The card looks genuine. Looking further into this problem, do you know of some software program that can fix the files I want to recover?

The Sandisk Ultra is a UHS-1 (U1) card. You would be better off using a U3 card.

Was the card formatted in the Mavic? This does make a difference. Every digital camcorder out there does its best when the card is formatted in/by the camera in which it will be used.

The Sandisk Ultra is a UHS-1 (U1) card. You would be better off using a U3 card.

Was the card formatted in the Mavic? This does make a difference. Every digital camcorder out there does its best when the card is formatted in/by the camera in which it will be used.
To answer your questions, I'm aware of the intricacies of special connections. So yes. What I need now is a way to fix my files. I appreciate all the feed back. Thankyou.

To answer your questions, I'm aware of the intricacies of special connections. So yes. What I need now is a way to fix my files. I appreciate all the feed back. Thankyou.
There are a number of programs out there that repair unfinished video files. I haven't used them in a while, so no names come to mind. Several of them offer free trials, but will only repair half of the file, then separate that half out to its own file - to demonstrate that the program works. The work-around is to create two copies of your video file, each with different names: vid1.mp4 & vid2.mp4. Then use the windows copy command to combine these two identical files into one double sized file. Then when you run the demo version of the repair utility (you'll have to find one out there), and it cuts the repaired file in half - you will have the full-sized video that you need. I hope that made sense :)

There are a number of programs out there that repair unfinished video files. I haven't used them in a while, so no names come to mind. Several of them offer free trials, but will only repair half of the file, then separate that half out to its own file - to demonstrate that the program works. The work-around is to create two copies of your video file, each with different names: vid1.mp4 & vid2.mp4. Then use the windows copy command to combine these two identical files into one double sized file. Then when you run the demo version of the repair utility (you'll have to find one out there), and it cuts the repaired file in half - you will have the full-sized video that you need. I hope that made sense :)
Many thanks. I'll look into that ASAP.

Many thanks. I'll look into that ASAP.
This did not work as the program I tried (Stellar Phoenix Video Repair) was not letting me see any results of the repair without buying it first. Any other suggestions? If you think of the software program, please let me know. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan