DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video focus question

Drewaz

Reactions
many of the videos I've watched seem out of focus for the first 15 seconds or so ... then suddenly, good focus. I haven't tried MP video yet so I'm not really sure why this is .... I'm wondering if this is a function of AF kicking in or if people are focusing after they are in the air or .....

Is any exif metadata available for review to see how people have their cameras set up?

I this on YT?

I see the same thing and wonder if it is the compression YT uses or some similar effect.

Maybe the PC has cached lower vid qual until certain buffer reached for the downloading vid.

It is not evident on actual footage.

interesting.

the few videos I've shot and viewed on my iMac were in focus from the start but I didn't figure it was something I had done lol

how does one set the focus before shooting video. It seems most people don't like to use AF

When you start motors it will often be focusing on something very close like tall grass or your foot.
Once in the air if AFC is on it will focus on something further away or if AFC is off hopefully the user remembers to tap to focus something further away.

AFC isn't exactly autofocus but a periodic automated refocusing.
This will save you from disastrous prolonged blurry recording, but can mess up if it happens to trigger at the wrong moment.
In general its probably best to leave AFC off and manually tap on something in mid-distance immediately after lifting off.

Reactions: Masheen
Methinks it's rather that youtube starts playing in low res, and after a while when it sees your connection is good enough it switches to HD. Standard behavior especially on mobile devices.

Reactions: sonof40
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos