DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video jitter anything over 4 mph

Craig540

Reactions

I have video jitter whenever my speed is 4 mph or higher. It is not jello, I have reset/recalibrated everything and I still have to film slow speed as to not see the video jitter. The faster I go the worst it gets, DJI had me calibrate and use the gimble cover. I do not use the cover to film as it doesn't produce good footage.
Any ideas other than sending it back to DJI ? I compared my gimble to a friends Mavic and my rubberbans seem looser than his.

Last edited:
I am still using the same props for 9 months with no blade strikes except a single tall weed i landed to close to.
The cover i don't think i tried. I will try it next flight and my second set of props.

It's vibration. Check the gimbal plate is under the clip as it should. If it is then no choice but to get it repaired.

Yes i have checked the plate. So it is probably the rubber bands then ?
Also the test was on a set of new blades.

It's vibration. Check the gimbal plate is under the clip as it should. If it is then no choice but to get it repaired.

Ok thanks, I have it packed up ready to ship back to them.I do have refresh, is there any chance they will send me a new replacement ?
I am going to miss my Mavic. What is there turn around time ?
I live 40 miles from the repair center so that should help cut down the time.

Great news guys, I sent my Mavic in to DJI for repair and it came back in 4 days. Well they sent me a brand new Mavic and didn't charge me against my refresh but instead covered it under warranty at no cost to me. I did my first test flight today and the video is rock solid now. I notice the rubber bands are a different color and look to be tighter than before. I took some macro photos just for reference before my first flight.
xAMxo7Xoh
OHChyPSHQ
SvBWfeCr3
yBXsjot66

Attachments

• Mavic gimble macro #.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • Mavic gimble macro #-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Mavic gimble macro #-3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Mavic gimble macro #-4.jpg