DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video jitter when yawning and pitching gimbal

My Mavic began doing this recently. There is a visible shake of the gimbal while yawing / rotating the drone. This does not occur during any other maneuver. I use ND filters, so problem is not exposure or camera based. I've performed gimbal calibration, compass and IMU. Still have the same problem. Spoke to DJI, they say, "send it in". Of course we all know the promise of 7 to 10 days is not exactly truthful. I plan to try going back to previous firmware version..since I feel it started doing this since last update, but I've never done that, so a bit of a learning curve ahead. Any recommendations?

I believe this is a software or firmware update issue. I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum that never did the jitters and now they both do. I think we need to quit looking at the Mavics and look toward DJI to Fix this.

I believe this is a software or firmware update issue. I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum that never did the jitters and now they both do. I think we need to quit looking at the Mavics and look toward DJI to Fix this.

I saw a video that has a potential solution. It worked for me. I have the mavic Pro and run the Platinum blades on it. According to this guy in the video, adjusting your Gain stabilizes the aircraft. I reduced Yaw gain to 91, and that worked for me. No more jittery yawing. I tried this yesterday, and was thrilled with the results, just in time for a trip to Scotland.

What I'm not sure about is whether there may be side effects or adverse effects long term on controllability. In my back yard, the problem showed to be gone. Here's that link.

I'm curious to see if this works for others.

Reactions: Onthemove3Drone
I saw a video that has a potential solution. It worked for me. I have the mavic Pro and run the Platinum blades on it. According to this guy in the video, adjusting your Gain stabilizes the aircraft. I reduced Yaw gain to 91, and that worked for me. No more jittery yawing. I tried this yesterday, and was thrilled with the results, just in time for a trip to Scotland.

What I'm not sure about is whether there may be side effects or adverse effects long term on controllability. In my back yard, the problem showed to be gone. Here's that link.

I'm curious to see if this works for others.
I'm not getting gimbal shake. I getting video jitters only when I turn. Plus it's on a Pro and a Pro Platinum. Two different machines never been crashed and different blades Pro and Pro Platinum. Still believe it changed during an Update. Thanks for the info!

Look at my video from my new mavic pro picked up last week. At 2:17 you will see the jitters I’m getting. I have the same thing going on in another video. Does anyone know what may cause this.

I found that I get much less jitter in Cine mode. Aslow nut smooth yaw helps. Pracitce on a simulator like Zephyr. Remember that yawing covers exponentially more area than a pan. If you move to fast or slow you will get jitter. Shooting 2:1 aslo helps. Nothing replaces a slow steady hand. It takes lots of practice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11