DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video lag

swoop47

Reactions
got a new mavic air this weekend. Really like it. But the video is very laggy. sometimes even totally blacking out in areas. Its really bad. Perhaps there are settings I have wrong...oh yea...I'm a total noob. so please talk slow. THANKS!

What phone or tablet are you using with it, the DJI Go4 app over time has become very cpu intensive and some of the older devices just can't provide the performance required.

You could try turning off the recording to the device cache

Last edited:
Reactions: Underdog1964
I had the same issue with my Spark, turns out my Apple Watch was the culprit! After I started putting it in airplane mode, the video transmission was flawless... crazy right?

Reactions: Verizondrone28
If you're using an Android device, try these tips. If you're using an Apple device, try these tips.

Reactions: swoop47
What phone or tablet are you using with it, the DJI Go4 app over time has become very cpu intensive and some of the older devices just can't provide the performance required.

You could try turning off the recording to the device cache

Thanks! Using an iPhone 6. Will try it. Was going to also try with my iPad mini...does the controller fit the mini?

Thanks! Using an iPhone 6. Will try it. Was going to also try with my iPad mini...does the controller fit the mini?

I think it will without any case but it will be a tight fit, you'll need a Mini 2 or higher to run the DJI Go 4 app.

I had the same issue with my Spark, turns out my Apple Watch was the culprit! After I started putting it in airplane mode, the video transmission was flawless... crazy right?
Great tip but would not be impact the "return home" feature?

I have iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 2, and neither has enough horsepower. I bought a new 9.7” iPad (2018 version) on sale, and it’s running fine.

BTW, the iPad Mini does fit between the arms of the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy