DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Length

Oneball 1971

Reactions
Hi Guys & Girls,

Flew my Mavic 2 Pro for the first time today, all good and took a 7 min video. When i watch it back on the DJI GO 4 app editor the video was in 5min and 2 min seperate videos. I have the San Disk Extreme Pro 64Gb memory card in the drone. What am i doing wrong?

Hi Guys & Girls,

Flew my Mavic 2 Pro for the first time today, all good and took a 7 min video. When i watch it back on the DJI GO 4 app editor the video was in 5min and 2 min seperate videos. I have the San Disk Extreme Pro 64Gb memory card in the drone. What am i doing wrong?
Probably the SD card is formatted with FAT. Max file size of 4GB. App is likely splitting it up to accommodate this limitation.. ExFAT / NTFS supports larger file sizes but I don't know if the app supports this.. Not tried yet..

Edit.. phone not app with regards to supporting other filesystems.. duh..

Videos will always split at about 4 GB. There is no way to prevent that from occurring. If needed, you can join the videos using a video editor.

Although ExFAT supports files larger than 4GB, DJI probably decided to keep with the lowest common denominator for both formats.

It occurred to me too, they might have done it not just for the AC itself, but for wider support when transferring the file to other systems that might be FAT.

Although ExFAT supports files larger than 4GB, DJI probably decided to keep with the lowest common denominator for both formats.

It occurred to me too, they might have done it not just for the AC itself, but for wider support when transferring the file to other systems that might be FAT.
Same for gopro and lots of other camera's

Reactions: Sarcastic1
So has anyone gotten a definitive answer on this yet? I'm curious as well. In a lot of ways it makes practical sense to break the files into 4GB segments. I suppose even for "professional" use that's ok. Still just seems a little odd not to have the option at least to change?

You can choose either of them. mov might be the same.

Anyway, it's done that way by a vast majority of cameras and it's not an issue, just need to get used to it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.