DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video management

uhhello

Reactions
So I'm super new to drones and the videos that come with it. Dipping my toe into editing and what not with the videos. I have new Macbook Pro but only 125 gb drive. I have a 2 TB wireless drive that is linked. How do you guys manage your videos and files? Just from editing two small videos today, my comp hard drive filled up. I'm sure i have duplicates and what not that I will clean up. The transfer time wirelessly seems like it is not going to be conducive.

I'm afraid you'll have to get yourself a dedicated drive. As you already found out, wireless transfer times are often too unreliable for efficient editing. An external USB3 hard disk would work fine. An external SSD will reduce the time for video playback to start (in comparison, a mechanical disk has to spin up and position its heads on the disk, which induces latency). An SSD would also have much better transfer performance. But an HDD would work just fine and is half the price per GB.

I'm afraid you'll have to get yourself a dedicated drive. As you already found out, wireless transfer times are often too unreliable for efficient editing. An external USB3 hard disk would work fine. An external SSD will reduce the time for video playback to start (in comparison, a mechanical disk has to spin up and position its heads on the disk, which induces latency). An SSD would also have much better transfer performance. But an HDD would work just fine and is half the price per GB.
So just a stand alone plug n play drive. I have a bunch laying around so I'll just go that route.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy