DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of Mavic Mini near Red Rock Canyon

I'm assuming you flew your drone there. They are national parks. How can this be? I've imagined flying Bryce but just assumed it was off limits to drones. I realize you can lift off outside the park and overfly the park but due to the size of many parks, this seems impractical to me.

Zion and Bryce are awesome places, but I did not fly my drone there

Headed out on the motorcycle early this morning to get some early flights out near little Red Rock. Road was nearly impossible in places and it took nearly an hour to travel 4 miles. But it was worth it! And I had the place all to myself. Experimenting on the editing. This was 20 minutes of video on one mountain range, shrunk down to 2 minutes. Appreciate comments, both positive and negative, trying to figure out what folks like to see. Thanks, Jim

Well done video of a beautiful rugged area.

Question: Are you loosing signal in some of those tight rocky areas? Thinking that the mini would be OK with going up in a RTH caused by signal loss.

Well done video of a beautiful rugged area.

Question: Are you loosing signal in some of those tight rocky areas? Thinking that the mini would be OK with going up in a RTH caused by signal loss.

I did loose signal or got week signal a few times when I dipped down into the valleys below sight, but each time got a warning. I pushed left stick forward to climb and was always able to get the signal back. Also found that facing the drone at all times really helped prevent signal loose. I have ordered a range extender for the antennas, cheap insurance and most folks seems to think they help. I am learning that the worst signal or loss of signal is when I allow the drone to fly over and behind me. This can happen fast when returning and signal can drop out. Again, turning to face the drone brings it back immediately. Have not had to use RTH yet. Here is one final video from Little Red Rock....

Last edited:
Reactions: EyesWideShut
Very nice. My wife and I were out in Vegas last October and went to Red Rock Canyon. I really wished I had my drone on that trip.

Music seems to come out of a Sci-Fi movie when the protagonist is lost.

Nice footage, quite challenging flight. Fly safe ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
573Trader