DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video pauses briefly

colinbm

Reactions
Hello all. I'm having an occasional issue with recorded video on my Mavic Pro - see

At 0:56, 1:05, and 1:17, the recording stops briefly, before continuing. Is there any obvious reason for this? I have replaced the SD card, however it's a Sandisk Extreme 64GB XC1 so should be the same speed as the 16GB HC1 that came with the drone.

Thanks.

Look at the pedestrians at the bottom of the frame at 1:17 - they keep moving even when the video seems frozen. Looks to me more like of an issue with the drone/gimbal rather than the SD card..

Last edited:
Look at the pedestrians at the bottom of the frame at 1:17 - they keep moving even when the video seems frozen. Looks to me more like of an issue with the drone/gimbal rather than the SD card..

Oh good spot! Not the card then. :/ Will contact DJI support.

Btw did you edit the video in any way? I have never seen this much noise in highlights...

Btw did you edit the video in any way? I have never seen this much noise in highlights...

Yes. It's passed through iMovie (with a bit of adjustments).

Update on this. It's back with DJI and currently getting the core board replaced.

It doesn't appear to me that the recording stopped; more like the pan stopped briefly. The cars and people kept moving as Plawa pointed out.

It doesn't appear to me that the recording stopped; more like the pan stopped briefly. The cars and people kept moving as Plawa pointed out.

Yes you’re right - that’s been established and that’s what they’ve diagnosed. I also established that the drone itself stops turning, so it’s not an issue with the gimbal.

The pause is visible on the flight log too, and can see that there is a constant 40% right (on a different test) on the left stick during the pause.

It’s now on its way back to me, arriving Monday, so fingers crossed the problem is resolved.

Yes you’re right - that’s been established and that’s what they’ve diagnosed. I also established that the drone itself stops turning, so it’s not an issue with the gimbal.

The pause is visible on the flight log too, and can see that there is a constant 40% right (on a different test) on the left stick during the pause.

It’s now on its way back to me, arriving Monday, so fingers crossed the problem is resolved.
I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a brand new one. Even if they say they repair it. Check the serial # when you receive it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a brand new one. Even if they say they repair it. Check the serial # when you receive it.

Will do! Not sure if I'd prefer that or not... At least I know the rest of mine works without issue!

Good call - just received back and it's a replacement. Will take it out this evening and see how it does.

Just tested the replacement, and can see the same issue. :( Which means it's either the remote, or it's a software issue that no-one else has noticed as you have more space available so aren't just turning on the spot.

See
at 2:03 and 2:06.

Going to go back to support, but if anyone has the time to test, it would be much appreciated. Just take off, record video, and hold the left stick at a fixed position to the right (~50%). Keep going for a couple of minutes and see if you get any pauses. If you do it with the drone close by and in sight, you can physically see it stop rotating. If you were able to reproduce that would rule out my remote.

I got too dizzy to notice anything. o_O

I've now tested with WiFi mode, and the issue is gone. I'm going back to DJI with that, as that appears to indicate a problem with the remote.

At the moment they're wanting me to return everything again - I'm trying to avoid that.

I recommend skipping to 2:00 :)

Yes. I do believe there is a problem. Another wait with no drone to fly. Best wishes on getting the issue resolved.

Has Dji solved your issue ?

Ah sorry, I should have posted a reply. Yes it's now working, though it took two returns... it seemed it was the drone, and the first replacement had the same issue. The second replacement seemed to fix it.

Annoyingly they decided that the second return had physical damage and charged me £80 for a repair. Was very annoyed as there was no damage to it when sent, and I don't see how it could happen in transit (it was the bit that stops the rear arm when open). Makes me wary to return for repair in future, and at very least fully document the condition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom