DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video playback

Reactions
Hey Guys

I have taken my new drone out twice now and taken some video footage in MP4 and MOV in both H264 and H265. I am unable to vew any of the footage on my pc. When I import it to Premier Pro it states the files are currupted.
I can play it in any player I have installed either. It does play back on the smart controller if I put the SD card in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corrupted? Does it give any more info than that? It doesn't say "missing codec" or something like that?

What about the other players -- do they give you any feedback as to why they won't play?

If you don't have the VLC player, give that one a try. It's always the one that plays the most formats and comes with the most codecs: Here's a link for the Windows version:

Chris

Reactions: Brice McMillan
Hi Chris

Thank you for the quick response, the attached is the error I get. When I import to PP it just doesn't playback although I can drag the cursor through it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 19
Thanks Michael,

I'm not sure where you got corrupt from. A quick search of the internet shows this to be a Quicktime error with several possible reasons, none of which point to corruption. I agree that it's not a very helpful message though.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Premier Pro, but it probably has a dependency on QT. If you have an older version of PP, then it's possible possible that you don't have proper codecs installed to play the file.

It's also possible that your video card doesn't have a GPU that can decode/encode h.264 / h.265. But then, you should be able to tell PP to use software acceleration.

Since VLC plays it, it's not a problem with the video files. It sounds more like getting PP updated to have the same codecs as VLC will fix this. I'm not a PP user though, so I'm not sure what the best path for that is.

You might try updating Quicktime as well (just making sure you're on the most recent version).

Chris

I will have to investigate more, the PC is new. Intel i9-9900, 32 gig 3600 ram 2080Ti and 2tb NVME storage. Surely it doesn't need more than that?
I have the latest PP so will look into codecs and see what I can dig up.

Thanks Chris

Problem Solved, I found a video on youtube that related the failure to playback to sound settings. Go figure.

thanks

Hi Michael,

Glad you got it sorted.

There are many audio drivers for Windows and Microsoft have created many of them. MME, which you now have working, is a Windows driver that routes audio and control data via the Operating System. This created issues when external audio equipment or sound cards weren’t getting data in a timely fashion. Many audio plugins (of which P.Pro has many) suffered as did many external audio devices such as professional audio input/output processors. As a result Steinberg, who created the CuBase Audio Application, came up with the ASIO driver (Audio Stream Input-Output), which bypasses the operating system and talks directly between application and digital audio device eliminating bottlenecks and time delays.

The error you received was an indication that P.Pro couldn’t use the ASIO driver, the driver was too old, or there was no ASIO hardware to control.

As you found the correct option you needed was MME (MultiMedia Extentions).

P.Pro is good with unhelpful error messages - just like Apple Macs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+