DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video problems with my Mavic Pro Platinum

Zeke

Reactions
I recorded some video yesterday on several flights, and every file is plagued with these horizontal lines that seem to randomly appear and disappear... has anyone ever had this happen before? I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. I've included a link below to one of the videos, go to 7:20 and you'll see it when the quad turns to the water. the whole thing just looks a bit blurry and out of focus. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reactions: old man mavic
I recorded some video yesterday on several flights, and every file is plagued with these horizontal lines that seem to randomly appear and disappear... has anyone ever had this happen before? I'm at a loss as to what the problem might be. I've included a link below to one of the videos, go to 7:20 and you'll see it when the quad turns to the water. the whole thing just looks a bit blurry and out of focus. Thoughts? Suggestions?

looks very much like prop reflections from the sun or sometimes called prop shadow

Yup, what @old man mavic said. I see this all the time when the sun is out front of the plane of the camera lens.

Reactions: old man mavic

Looks good to me but I am watching on a cell phone. Lovely locations.

Does look like prop shadow ... Sometimes you get that when the Mavic is crabbing in the wind, and has to fly 'one-wing-down' - but it' looks like you had perfect calm conditions at ground level at least on that day. Unfortunately, it's a design thing with the Mavic, the camera position is close to the plane of prop-spin ... That's why most Cinematic drones suspend the camera way below the prop's.

Happens to me on my MPP all the time - be glad you have sun!

I got one of these, it helps somewhat:

PGYTECH Lens Hood for DJI Mavic Pro

But sometimes, depending on the angle of the sun, it is impossible to avoid. Tilting the camera down usually helps, also.
I have that lens hood, when flying into the wind my camera picks up the top of the lens hood, do you have this problem?

I have that lens hood, when flying into the wind my camera picks up the top of the lens hood, do you have this problem?
Yes. I always habitually attach it, and it messes up my Pano shots, as the camera aims UP quite a bit, and you see the black hood. So I have to return home, land, remove the hood, then fly back out to do the pano. But the majority of the time, it helps reduce reflections from the sun.

Yes. I always habitually attach it, and it messes up my Pano shots, as the camera aims UP quite a bit, and you see the black hood. So I have to return home, land, remove the hood, then fly back out to do the pano. But the majority of the time, it helps reduce reflections from the sun.
Thank you was wondering if it was just me.

I haven't experienced this as yet. Could that be because I use Nd and PL filters all the time which would slow down the shutter speed and maybe not sync with the props. Only guessing here....?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54