DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video processing/editing software recommendations

Reuter

Reactions
Any recommendations as to which video processor/editor software (for Apple computers) to use to process/edit movies made with the Mavic 2 Pro?

Adobe Premier pro or final cut pro, if your just starting out iMovie or Adobe Rush would be a good starting point

Reactions: uas.llc247
Second vote for Davinci. I’m just getting to know it, but petty amazing. And free! Probably the same for any video editing software, but it does require some horsepower.

Second vote for Davinci. I’m just getting to know it, but petty amazing. And free! Probably the same for any video editing software, but it does require some horsepower.

I’m using DR too. Do y’all experience slow PC response while editing the clips?

I’m using DR too. Do y’all experience slow PC response while editing the clips?
It takes a monster spec pc to edit 4k footage without it slowing down a little, I cant do the h265 4k at all without using proxie footage

Reactions: RTKD and MPone
My editing takes forever. I think the biggest bottleneck is the graphics card. I’m looking to upgrade soon and will make sure the graphics card has at least 2gig on its own. I kind of want to go with a laptop, but haven’t decided for sure.

I did try out few softwares but in the end I bought Magix premium....that said I believe magix pro is definitely enough for most users.... I can edit my videos using proxy but the results are great anyway.... Just get the the trial version first and try it out before you buy anything. This software is not the fastest but fast enough and easy to use and cheap compared to other softwares on this scale.

Reactions: allen.engler
If by some chance you have one of the new iPad Pros, try LumaFusion. It is great software and the hardware of the iPad can export the video in close to realtime for 4K h.265

Solved (I think)

DaVinci is throwing an error, summarized as: Entry point clEnqueueMarker.... could not be located in the dynamic link lib OpenCl.dll? Ideas? I would guess it would install its needed dll modules where they need to go.

I found versions of OpenCL.dll elsewhere on my computer and copied the newest version to the Resolve folder and it opened. I have not tried doing much besides opening it at this point - hopefully, it does not have any other unmet demands!

Last edited:
DaVinci version 15.2.1 kept giving me errors. I installed version 15.1.2 and the problems went away. The program has so much to offer but you do have to have a good graphics card.

Reactions: ff22
My editing takes forever. I think the biggest bottleneck is the graphics card. I’m looking to upgrade soon and will make sure the graphics card has at least 2gig on its own. I kind of want to go with a laptop, but haven’t decided for sure.
I know is been a while but did you upgrade your PC/LapTop?

I know is been a while but did you upgrade your PC/LapTop?

The market has shifted dramatically in the last few months for CPU/GPU, especially in light of the recent releases by AMD.

If you're going to be looking at rendering out using the GPU then you're at a card with nVidia's NvEnc or AMD's new rendering engine (only found on the new 5xxx cards), currently the new engine from AMD is damned good but a lot of software is broken as it's so new even DaVinci is choking on it but they're working on fixes. I'm currently using a Quadro P4000 for my workstation.

As to using a laptop, I'd only do this as a last resort or if you have something that can act as a render node as laptops just don't have the grunt nor handle the thermal loads for long periods needed for rendering. Well not unless you go for a workstation class laptop like a Zbook but even then you're likely to hit thermal throttling at some point. You're better off building a system with the resources it needs, AMD Ryzen 3000 series chips with as much storage and RAM you can afford. Ideally you're looking at 32Gb RAM at the minimum with SSD primary and a HDD or NAS as secondary storage especially if you're going to be working on 4k footage.

Use a AMD Ryzen CPU and 590 AMD Fatboy video card wit 16gb or 32 gb ram and run Divinci Resolve. Mine flies and works great. Never bottlenecks and very fast rendering. Intel is way behind now and twice the price. I love my Fatboy 590 too. Never ANY ISSUES. I hadore issues with Intel than I ever have with AMD. Same with tablet. Everyone says use Apple. But Android has always been great for me, never have crashes or problems. I guess that is why DJI uses Android on the Smart Controller. Apple and Intel is all about name, and very expensive. Can't add memory and parts are high.

I’m still trudging along with the old laptop. It’s still faster than my desktop and much more convenient for me.

Thanks for the new info Gizmo and Celtic. You’re inspiring me to get off the slow train and look for something new.

Reactions: CelticShadows
I just rebuilt my 8core intel rig. Kept old ddr4 2666mhz memory and got x570 motherboard -$200, ryzen 3900x -$500, amd 5700xt - $400. Kept old waterpump cooler.

It is an amazing platform and it chews h.265 like peanuts. Stock overclock setting runs all 12 chores at 4.2ghz, at max load slows down to 4.05ghz. it is difficult to get now, that cpu, as it is extremely popular, and for a good reason.

Old 8core intel i7 ran cinebench test with 3900 something score, this one does 7140. But, as windows 10 1903 build got optimized scheduler to use fastest threads properly, effect is amazing. Everything flies now, crazy fast. Cherry on top was last unnecessary upgrade - i got 1tb sabrient nvme pcie 4.0, does 4600mb/s I/O. Amazing tech.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gizmo6257
I just rebuilt my 8core intel rig. Kept old ddr4 2666mhz memory and got x570 motherboard -$200, ryzen 3900x -$500, amd 5700xt - $400. Kept old waterpump cooler.

You'll want to upgrade the RAM at some point to 3600, Ryzen is RAM sensitive less so with the Zen 2 arch but you're limiting the capability of your CPU and, more importantly, the IF (Infinity Fabric) that interconnects the CPUs as that's in sync with RAM speed. The sweet spot seems to be 3200 for Zen + and 3600 for Zen 2 chips.

Nice rig though, and similar to what I'll be building in the next few months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde