DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video seems to stop, then fast forward, then stop and repeat

Photon

Reactions
My video seems to be stopping, then going into a fast forward etc. Very jerky and ruins most shots.
Have no idea why.

Any ideas?

Thanks

After some great suggestions below, it turns out it is my computer causing the issue, NOT the Mavic. Other videos play fine so maybe it was the higher quality video from the Mavic.
Lesson learned. I was convinced it was the Mavic since other video files played OK on my computer.
You guys solved my issue with your suggestions. thanks

I will say the Mavic is absolutely the best flying, most stable drone I have ever seen and now the video is right on par as it should be

Last edited:
My video seems to be stopping, then going into a fast forward etc. Very jerky and ruins most shots.
Have no idea why.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sounds like a software issue. I would try to do a factory reset first using the dji assistant and then trbl from there

It sounds like the device you are viewing on can barely cope.
Are you viewing 4K from the SD card recording?
You could try recording at 2.7K or 1080p
You can't generally play 4K from the card without downloading it first, because even USB3 can barely cope with the required data rate.

Reactions: Former Member
I transfer the files to my computer and play from there. I will try the reset and see if that helps.
Will also move to 2.7 K

Thanks

It sounds like the device you are viewing on can barely cope.
Are you viewing 4K from the SD card recording?
You could try recording at 2.7K or 1080p
You can't generally play 4K from the card without downloading it first, because even USB3 can barely cope with the required data rate.

It might be worth formatting the SD card in the MP. I agree with others, but 4K takes a lot of CPU power and the computer may not be able to handle it; however, I just had 2 SD cards (sandisk class 10u1 and a class 10u3) that worked fine at 4K and all of a sudden begin seeing a slow write error. I needed to step my resolution down to 2.7K in the MP.

There are a lot of fake microSD cards out there.

For what it's worth... This does sound more like a slow computer issue, rather than a Mavic issue.

That was EXACTLY the issue. Other videos play fine so maybe the higher 4K video caused my computer to have a problem playing it. Put it on my son's computer and it was perfect.
Could not be happier with the outcome and certainly this drone. This thing is GREAT,

Thank very much for your and the other member's suggestions

Reactions: Qoncussion
That was EXACTLY the issue. Other videos play fine so maybe the higher 4K video caused my computer to have a problem playing it. Put it on my son's computer and it was perfect.
Could not be happier with the outcome and certainly this drone. This thing is GREAT,

Thank very much for your and the other member's suggestions

I think you had mentioned that it worked fine on another PC? 4K is pretty intensive to view, but if you have absolutely ruled out the microSD card (make sure it is a high quality class10u3) then maybe these will help.

- Copy the file to your hard drive first. SSD is better than traditional as it will copy faster and then play faster. I usually have issues playing from microSD unless I have a USB3 adapter made for the new format (not cheap).
- Try a different player. VLC is great, but it is not great at dealing with low CPU systems. Just a few minutes ago my MP (4K) video would not play on VLC and it played perfectly on the built in Movies & TV player (Windows10). I have been a long time supporter of VLC, so I do not have any great suggestions on alternatives.
- Make sure your system is free of malware and other bugs. Run malwarebytes full scan and AV (if you use it).
- Look at you task manager and make sure you do not have something taking CPU even when you have things closed. On my slower PCs I noticed that Edge (Win10 only), Firefox, and Chrome can take 5-10% CPU while a few tabs are open. Those micro video ads are a killer.

To some of those points, you can often hear if your PC has the fans on full blast. This assumes you have a setup with variable speed fans and it is even easier on a laptop..

Good luck!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet