DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video showing how tough the Mavic Pro really is!!!

Hi TMR9999, I had the same tree experience, see there were also some telephone lines near your position, might also get some interference which may cause some weird behavior, luckily no damage to my drone or camera, yours??
Just some scratches and a cut in one blade. Drone and camera still work a treat, and I learned a valuable lesson. Some footage I took on Sunday:

Wow, impressive stuff!
This is one tuff cookie.
Loveing the Mavic more and more every day.

Thanks for sharing,

i don't think what they do is idiotic, or that they are themselves idiots. I actually think those resistance/extremes tests are brillant for us MAVIC owners.

I'd better see someone do it on youtube with their own device than experience it myself on my MAVIC...and i am reassured to see how much that thing can fly in spite of it being disabled by weather conditions or cut propellers...

Kudos to them !!!
I agree these guys are NOT idiots . . . and they do a great service to those who worry about damaging their machines. If they cost $10 there would be a lot more "testing". The real IDIOTS are the altitude and distance freaks who don't seem to have any concern about the cost . . . of other people's lives . . . . but not their own.

Take the high road and stay low!

I am probably the only one here..... The video was hard to watch, kinda like a poor animal being abused.

That said..... the darn thing is tough!!

I heard that the Mavic once it hits water automatically folds up it's arms and props and turns into a submarine!Who wants to test?

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

How does the camera hold up in a crash? And what's the cost to replace?

What was the lesson?
Two key lessons really. One, don't use a ****** old slow tablet (I have upgraded to a Pixel XL and it works a treat), and Two, make sure to set your home point correctly. I have not had a drone with this much intelligence before (previously only had a AEE AP10) but it is super safe now that I know how to use it.

Reactions: kmaluo
I'm guessing the reason it's so stout when hitting things (or having things thrown at it) is due to the folding blades. Rather than having to go from 1000 rpm to 0 in an instant, where most fixed props would break, they collapse enough lessen the impact, then expand as soon as the object is clear of the prop. Brilliant design.

I'm guessing the reason it's so stout when hitting things (or having things thrown at it) is due to the folding blades. Rather than having to go from 1000 rpm to 0 in an instant, where most fixed props would break, they collapse enough lessen the impact, then expand as soon as the object is clear of the prop. Brilliant design.
The flexibility of the blades help in this regard too.

Inspires confidence when flying. If that were a Phantom it would be easy $200-$300 worth of damages and a definite crash.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's what I thought too, but, there is a similar video on a Phantom, and it did just about the same thing. Maybe the trees in China are just more forgiving?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54