DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video skips

SkyWizard

Reactions
I have a mavic air. If my videos are skipping, what are some things I can do to fix it?

More details needed. What skips? Live feed? File from card? Viewed on what? What shooting mode? Post a sample?

Video recorded directly to the craft, filmed at a slow speed andviewed on a computer is skipping. I'll post my video later tonight . . .
I'm thinking about reducing the quality to see if that helps.

Video recorded directly to the craft, filmed at a slow speed andviewed on a computer is skipping. I'll post my video later tonight . . .

Are you shooting video from longer distances? I’ve found that the MP video is choppier the further away I film. Only way to reduce it is to get an antenna mod.

Are you shooting video from longer distances? I’ve found that the MP video is choppier the further away I film. Only way to reduce it is to get an antenna mod.
I was filming from about 30 feet away, with the camera pointed strait down and in tripod mode, just inching along slowly and recorded directly to the craft.

My old win 7 computer provides video skip shooting in 4K. When I'm talking skip, I mean it pauses briefly for a split second every second or so.

Are you taking the video from the SD card? Are you moving that video to your hard drive and playing it from your hard drive?

I'm just saying that if I pull my SD card from the mavic and put it in my old win-7 computer, I get all kinds of video stutter. In my win-10 machine I'm fine.

Could be a host of other things causing your issue though.
My laptop won't play even 2k. Once I scaled it down to 1080 it works fine. So I set my camera settings down to 1080 now

The recording of the Drone camera has absolutely nothing to do with its distance from the controller. It doesn't go to the controller and then back to the card.

We need more details, It could be your computer cant play the video, or perhaps your SD card is too slow or damaged. Make sure your SD card is at least a V30 speed rated (will have a V30 on the card itself) and try a new card. If it still does it with a new verified card, try a newer computer, if it still does it, than it may be a issue with the drone.

The recording of the Drone camera has absolutely nothing to do with its distance from the controller. It doesn't go to the controller and then back to the card.

We need more details, It could be your computer cant play the video, or perhaps your SD card is too slow or damaged. Make sure your SD card is at least a V30 speed rated (will have a V30 on the card itself) and try a new card. If it still does it with a new verified card, try a newer computer, if it still does it, than it may be a issue with the drone.

The original video doesn’t, the video feed absolutely does.

The original video doesn’t, the video feed absolutely does.

Yes of course, but The OP said “Video recorded directly to the craft,“

So as I said....the comment is irrelevant

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661