DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video/still photo processing

ChallengerPilot

Reactions
Right now, I am only using iMovie. Looking for something reasonable without the need for a PhD level learning curve. Still processing as well.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Inspirephil
Right now, I am only using iMovie. Looking for something reasonable without the need for a PhD level learning curve. Still processing as well.

Thanks in advance!
(Stills) Photoshop/Camera RAW, or Lightroom would be the choice. Stick with iM if that's all you got for video. Start searching Youtube for tutorials, there are a'billion at the worlds largest library of information.

RawTherapee Downloads for processing RAW/DNG files (open-source, free software, works on any OS). There are many options for video editing depending on the level of processing desired and how much you want to pay.

I would also recommend Lightroom Classic / CC for your stills. Does also a much better job merging an exposure series or panorama shots better than the drone software itself.

I‘m also new to video editing but found iMovie relatively simple to use. I’m heading for Premiere Pro CC, because it has more options / tools and is kind of an industrial standard.

There are many YouTube Videos for beginners for all of the software solutions.

I'm using 'VSDC free Video Editor' ... It's OK for a starter and appears to be similar in the way it works to the more expensive 'Pro' software packages from the big-boys, so you can get some experience at how to work it, without having to spend big money!

As another consideration- mobile apps are getting very good in recent times. For iOS you cold try Affinity Photo (stills) and LumaFusion (video).

I've used iMovie since I first got my origional GoPro and continue today with drone footage and GP5 Black shot in ProTune . You can do a lot of trick editing with it and it is easy to use. Believe it or not for photos I have used iPhoto. I am not a professional and photos has a lot of editing tools, not just enhancing photo. I also use Gimp (free) as it will do layering, lots of color correction, hdr, etc. I have upgraded to Final Cut Pro for videos but as you know its not free.

I'm using 'VSDC free Video Editor' ... It's OK for a starter and appears to be similar in the way it works to the more expensive 'Pro' software packages from the big-boys, so you can get some experience at how to work it, without having to spend big money!

+1. VSDC has a lot of features, there are some good YouTube tutorials and it’s free

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23