DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video stutter issues with 4k/60fps

Smu

Reactions
Hello everyone.

I'm a fairly new owner of a drone. Got the Mavic Air 2.

I am recording videos with various settings to try out the drone. I recently got a SanDisk Extreme Plus V30, U3 64GB card for the drone.
I shot about 10 videos @4k/60fps on the card and half of them came out with pretty severe frame drop/stutter. The rest seem fine. No ND filter was used.
My PC has a Core i7 4790k, a 980ti and I tried to play the videos from an SSD both with VLC and with MPC-HC.

I am uploading a video so you can play it on your machines in case the problem is in my PC being too old for 4k/60fps:
DJI_0043

Not sure what the problem is. Shutter speed? SD card? Computer? Maybe the drone is faulty? H265?
I would be happy for any help and suggestions.

Thanks!

Your PC doesn't have any hardware decoding for h.265 at 4K60, both the CPU and GPU are too old. Might be OK in h.264.

File plays fine here.

Reactions: tlswift58
Mainly plays fine on my equipment also... can spot some slight stutter in the end where you tilt up the camera & fly towards you though. That stutter is due to a too fast panning (in this case to fast camera pitch & too fast flying near objects).

If it's only that, read up here regarding panning & best practice - - > RED.com

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Alienware 17 R4 here. Plays smooth as butter from start to finish. Colors are nice as well.

Your PC doesn't have any hardware decoding for h.265 at 4K60, both the CPU and GPU are too old. Might be OK in h.264.

File plays fine here.
I'd go with H264. By mistake set mine at H265 and could not even view them. Went back to H264 and no issues and I don't have top of the line equipment either.

Mainly plays fine on my equipment also... can spot some slight stutter in the end where you tilt up the camera & fly towards you though. That stutter is due to a too fast panning (in this case to fast camera pitch & too fast flying near objects).

If it's only that, read up here regarding panning & best practice - - > RED.com
Thank you and everyone else for the advices! Seems like it's time for the long delayed PC upgrade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku