DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video transmission degrading

Fish-head3

Reactions
Hi

I have had my Mavic Air for about 7 months now and earlier this year it worked well. Now it will barely go a few hundred metres or so before the video feed gets very laggy and choppy. I have had several instances where the signal has completely dropped out at about 500m, direct sight.

When actively taking video it is very pixelated. I commonly fly in the same area so I know the terrain and nothing has changed. I have a Samsung Galaxy 8, all the software updates have been installed (on DJI All, drone and phone) and I have tried putting my phone in aeroplane mode.

All with no success.

Something changed a few months ago.

This is all a big problem for operating the drone, especially over water as I am working up to taking photos of guys surfing but I have no confidence in the response of the drone to my commands.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

When this happened to me with my Mavic pro it was a connection error between the controller and the phone. I fixed it by using a different cable.

Reactions: Thomas B
This is a common discovery. Carefully check the pins in the controller port also, to be sure they are not moving... also not uncommon.

It's longer so it's kind of a pain, but you can use whatever cord you use to charge your phone. I think the mavic air controller has the same full size USB port on the bottom as the mavic pro. You can give it a try and see if the problem clears up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu