DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video won’t transfer

Riverjop

Reactions
Something new just started for me. Now when I pull the micro SD card and try to download it into my iPad (s) it won’t download the video but will download the photos. I’ve tried this with two different iPads and I get the same red (!) ?
The interesting thing is it will down load everything on my IPhone 7
Just fine, but when I try to airdrop it or send it any other way it can’t or won’t do it. Always worked fine before!
Also I have plenty of storage space in all three and I Formatted the SD card right before flying.
SD micro 64GB Kingston is what I have.
Do you think the SD card went bad or is something else up?
Thanks

I have had 64GB microSD card that worked fine in the drone but not in my computers. Turns out it was the card reader. A new USB3 reader worked fine with the big card.

If you haven’t yet consider moving to the IPad iOS beta. You can move any files you like across with the files app. I have a USB3 and SD card to USB C dongle and transfer speeds are great with the iPAD. Now finally we can benefit from SSD storage- works really well.

I recall not being able to get video into the iPad (from micro SD) with the Apple adapter- only images.

Reactions: Steve B
If you haven’t yet consider moving to the IPad iOS beta. You can move any files you like across with the files app. I have a USB3 and SD card to USB C dongle and transfer speeds are great with the iPAD. Now finally we can benefit from SSD storage- works really well.

I recall not being able to get video into the iPad (from micro SD) with the Apple adapter- only images.
Crazy, because it worked before (the Apple adapter)
I found another 8gb micro and am going to try again tomorrow with it.
I will have to try it with the cable also.
Thank you

You haven’t given us much to go on so I will throw it out there- if your running an older version of iOS and trying to work with HVEC video you will have issues. I think H265 support was introduced with iOS11, you can easily check.

You haven’t given us much to go on so I will throw it out there- if your running an older version of iOS and trying to work with HVEC video you will have issues. I think H265 support was introduced with iOS11, you can easily check.
My iPad is 12.3.1
But looks like there is a new 12.4.1 that I can update now.
And the Mavic Air was just up-dated with the most current update, just before I flew.
It had done the same thing (not downloading videos) before I did the update on the MA also.
I will try a different micro card holder and a different micro card today, but I only have one adapter.

I now have IPad iOS Beta on two iPad pro and an old iPad Air2 with no significant glitches. If you have your data backed up it may be worth installing. You can then use the files app to access your SD cards (and any other external storage) directly.

Do you know someone with a computer or tablet? Maybe take the SD card to them and see if you can transfer the files. If so then you have narrowed it down to your card reader or phone. Eliminating the MA as the problem...

Ok so I did the latest update by Apple 12.4.1
I tried an 8GB micro and flew around then inserted it into my Apple Adapter and it worked perfect (as before) so I tried the 64GB micro, flew around took several videos and it also downloaded perfectly, just as it used to? Not sure exactly what happened but it seems to have fixed it in the latest Apple Download?
I also tried downloading directly from the back of the MA into the IPad via the Adapter shown in the picture and it said that it wasn’t compatible with this devise?
Oh well???
Thank you for the advise and interest!
I guess that’s what this forum is perfect for!
Thanks again!
eb26808419cb555958b597af39e871e1.jpg

I too have tried the lightning adapter and it worked, but slow.

Try sandisk iExpand app and this drive.
It’s perfect.

4bec23aaada9ad1eac58e389882e5f84.jpg

Plugs into all apple devices and any computer USB port.
I use folders for iPhone, iPad mini4 (that I use mostly for flights), and back up anything else I want to add to video for other sources.

Reactions: Riverjop
I am having the same problem. But mine Is a little more strange.
I have a iPad Pro 10.6” running 13.5.1. When I try to load videos onto it using the Apple lightning to SD card reader, I get the (!) warning. However, when I use the same adapter, with the same SD card and plug it into any other iOS device, it loads the video fine (I’ve tried it with my iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 5).

Literally every device that I could get my hands on it worked, except my iPad Pro 10.6” (all of which are running the same version OS).

anyone have any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078