DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos in Power Point

FlyingB

Reactions
I am new to drones and recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. I am an amateur photographer, but I haven't worked much with videos. I have trouble with files being too large for inserting into a PP program.
Would someone please advise if it is possible to insert a fairly long video into a PP presentation. I'm talking videos 10 to maybe 15 minutes long. These video editors are new to me.

I am new to drones and recently purchased a Mavic 2 Pro. I am an amateur photographer, but I haven't worked much with videos. I have trouble with files being too large for inserting into a PP program.
Would someone please advise if it is possible to insert a fairly long video into a PP presentation. I'm talking videos 10 to maybe 15 minutes long. These video editors are new to me.
i think you would have to link to them rather than embed...

Reactions: Thomas B
What is the file size now and what does it have to be to get it to embed into power point?

Like has already been said likely the best way to do this is to upload to YouTube or something and embed a link in the video.

Pro tip:Embed the hyperlink into a photo of the video playing on YouTube to make it look like the video is playing in the power point.

Reactions: Thomas B
Ok, thanks very much for the advice. So far, linking is the only way I could do it. It just seems clumsy and I need an internet connection/WIFI to use it.

For yucks I opened a new session of PowerPoint (PP) and simply drug a 3 minute long 4k mp4 video (2.5 GB) with File Manager onto a blank slide in PP and it copied over yielding a black screen with video player controls (play/pause etc.) at the bottom. The video played inside PP but I had to resize the video to fit a PowerPoint landscape file format. It may or may not work for your application.
Cheers!

Reactions: FlyingB
I guess you may have to render out your video with a resolution so that the final video is less than 4 GB, which may be the max file that PP can handle.

For yucks I opened a new session of PowerPoint (PP) and simply drug a 3 minute long 4k mp4 video (2.5 GB) with File Manager onto a blank slide in PP and it copied over yielding a black screen with video player controls (play/pause etc.) at the bottom. The video played inside PP but I had to resize the video to fit a PowerPoint landscape file format. It may or may not work for your application.
Cheers!
Thank you. Since I am new to working with videos, I will have to figure out how to do this and get things under 4K and still have decent quality.

From THIS web site it states: The maximum size of video that can be inserted in a PPT slide depends on the what can be the maximum size of a PPT file.
  1. .ppt or binary files - The maximum size is 4GB because of 32 bit limitation. Usually 1 bit is reserved for sign, so anything above 2GB can have some potential issues.
  2. .pptx or xml files - Your PC is the limit! .pptx files use ZIP64 for compression purpose which can contain upto 16 Exabytes (2^64) of data. But for theoretical purpose, unless there is this much of RAM available, the file can’t be opened.

Reactions: FlyingB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf