DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos smooth in DJI app, but choppy when downloaded

AndrewDDS

Reactions
I'm the textbook definition of a newbie here. First drone, first experience with video editing, new to all of this. But I took a few test videos today with my Mavic Pro just to learn how to manage the files, transfer them from the Mavic to my iPhone/Macbook, trim, edit, etc. When viewing the videos in the DJI Go app, they are smooth and crisp. When I save them to my iPhone they are smooth and crisp. But when I downloaded them from the Mavic onto my MacBook Pro via USB, they are super choppy and skip frames. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Since you are a Mac man, did you select .MOV and not .MP4 (Windows) as your file format when managing your Mavic's video camera settings? Windows-based MP4s will play fine on your iPhone and the App, but a Mac will not properly play them. The format MUST be in .MOV for your videos to play correctly on your MacBook Pro.

It may not be that, but since you are new to this I'd suggest starting there to rule that out, as that's the most obvious culprit.

I never actually found the settings where I can change the file format, however, they were already in .mov format to begin with. Is that in the DJI Go app? Or is there some other menu to change those settings?

I never actually found the settings where I can change the file format, however, they were already in .mov format to begin with. Is that in the DJI Go app? Or is there some other menu to change those settings?

I found that my CPU could not process 4k well or 2.7k for that matter. Video became smooth when I dropped down to 1080p.

I found that my CPU could not process 4k well or 2.7k for that matter. Video became smooth when I dropped down to 1080p.

Is that setting in the GO4 app or is that setting somewhere else? I can't seem to find a menu where those settings can be changed.

Is that setting in the GO4 app or is that setting somewhere else? I can't seem to find a menu where those settings can be changed.

It's in the DJI app, under the record/ take picture button there is a settings button for your camera. All the settings you are looking for are there.

Reactions: CC Rider
I'm the textbook definition of a newbie here. First drone, first experience with video editing, new to all of this. But I took a few test videos today with my Mavic Pro just to learn how to manage the files, transfer them from the Mavic to my iPhone/Macbook, trim, edit, etc. When viewing the videos in the DJI Go app, they are smooth and crisp. When I save them to my iPhone they are smooth and crisp. But when I downloaded them from the Mavic onto my MacBook Pro via USB, they are super choppy and skip frames. Did I do something wrong? Any suggestions are appreciated.
I am not new. I am Mac or Linux user. Same problem. When I use bebop2 videos smooth as silk. Same everything. Then on my superior system MavicPilots pro I watch the timeline actually skip numbers that are there. I will drag cursor back and skipped frame is there. Also I will use auto settings for test. I may just quit using the MavicPilots for video. It’s a shame​

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54