DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video's you wish people would stop making?

One thing I don't understand is why we don't have more "stickies" for some of the more frequent/very frequent topics. I think if we had more of those, we'd see less "repeat" threads/topics. For example; "Unboxing", "Compass Calibration", "Plastic Bubble on or off", "Tips to remember to Remove Gimbal Lock"...

With that said, I completely understand the Mavic itself draws more "beginners" than any of the other drone forums I frequent. So I'm more than willing to answer the same question many times without an attitude. I've also just skip threads that don't interest me. No need to comment on everything...

YES PLEASE !!
The same questions are asked so many times and It really does not need to be that way. They should have a forum section just for FAQ's.

Rob

By far that is the ultimate unboxing video. Good God the amount of time that must have taken to do the stop animation and then editing it together. Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

I never do unboxing videos because no matter how new it is someone will have it before me. Like people that review products for a living so i see no point.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

Yes I agree. Until someone like Tony Northrup does a video on this I have lost interest. I feel like I am trying to train a mule to win the Kentucky Derby.

However - if you did train one, and it did win.....*that* would be worth a video!

Personally I am tired of the unbox also! :)

LOL well if a beautiful woman wants to do a Nude Unboxing I might be up for watching that. :)
Well, in that case, this might interest you:

Here's an unboxing from a couple years ago when we were all trying to figure out how to get our hands on the new Phantom 3. Not actually a video but it made a lot of guys ROFL. My favorite is the "blurry photo" scene - seems to fit here.

RC Groups - View Single Post - Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ

Well, in that case, this might interest you:

Here's an unboxing from a couple years ago when we were all trying to figure out how to get our hands on the new Phantom 3. Not actually a video but it made a lot of guys ROFL. My favorite is the "blurry photo" scene - seems to fit here.

RC Groups - View Single Post - Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ

That's some funny stuff, the things people think of always amazes me.

Thanks
Rob

Should be getting my Mavic any day now... will be sure to post unboxing and 1st. flight videos right here just for you guys. Just because you were lucky enough to get your Mavic's early doesn't mean you're the only ones who have the right to be excited and record those moments!! It's been a really frustrating long wait for the rest of listening to and watching everyone else enjoying this product while we wait for the retards in the DJI planning department to get their act together. Rant over.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I know you said you needed to get it off your chest. But the solution to this "problem" is very easy. (Insignificant first world problem that is)

Not just exclusive to the mavic, but anything in general. I hate.... hate.... hate how to vidoes or reviews where the person in the video is yapping away and trying to turn a 30 sec video into 10 minutes. Everyone does it!!!! Just get to the freaking point!!!!!!!

Reactions: Qoncussion
Rob, you nailed it right out of the gate: Unboxing videos. For any product, really, do we need more than one of these? Or, even one of these? Listening to a fool ramble on for 10 minutes while opening a 30 second box is mind numbing. I do love some of the creative examples of unboxing vids posted here. At least those creators 'get it'.

While we're on the topic, pilots who post their entire 20 minute flight as a creative video.... Ooooo, look at the ground. How amazing!

I never did understand the unboxing stuff. I'm not sure how this became a thing? Personally, unboxing the mavic was about as good as it gets for this "mature" adult, but can't see how that can be equally exciting to complete strangers.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69