DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

View Flight Logs on MacBook?

Piper J3

Reactions
I can access Flight Data Center in my profile on the DJI Fly app. I have Auto-Sync Flight Data turned on and I can view my flights on the mini-iPad. Pretty cool.

Can I send this information to my MacBook for viewing in the same way? Can it be accomplished by iCloud wirelessly?

I hope, I hope...

Personally I would suggest turning auto sync off, for one thing there's a chance your DAT log files will be wiped from your 'phone' once they have been sync'.(Though that could be an Android only thing but having it happen would be a bad way of finding out it is equally applicable to Ios ).That said I will not store stuff out there in the cloud.

I transfered Fly flight logs from a 5s to a Macbook via USB cable and itunes and I am as thick as two short planks were apple stuff is concerned. Apart from the physcal connection of the phone to the macbook every step in the process came from googling etc.

Trying to replay the flight on the Macbook hadn't even occurred me so I haven't a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have your logs syncing to DJI, then you can create an Airdata.com account and enable the DJI connection there to automatically retrieve the logs into the Airdata site. Then you can easily view your flight logs from your desktop.

If you only want to view them you could mirror the iOS device screen to your Macbook. I use the APowerMirror app.

Here's a screenshot of how my Mac screen looks right now while running a playback of a flight on my iPhone XS Max with APowerMirror enabled on the Mac and the iPhone; this forum thread is in the background.

Both devices need to be on the same network, can be wired or wireless. You can't drive the iPhone inputs from the Mac, you have to use the iOS device's touch screen to navigate and generally make things happen on the phone/ipad. All animation renders faithfully on the Mac. You can record it on the Mac as an mp4 video, and also grab screenshots. Works great, and very useful.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 21.27.03.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikeberan56