DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Miss Chrisy Co

Reactions
I had a customer ask me to design mounts for this strobe on the Air 2(s). I just finished the design last night and they work really well, the strobes are some of the cheapest out there on Amazon https://amzn.to/3mCJM1x

They have 3 bright white LEDS, a red and a green, and are capable of Strobe mode, flash and a flood light mode in all 3 colors. White is going to be the brightest and best for anti-collision lighting and the green and red are best for navigation lighting, although the navigation lights on the Air 2S are sufficient to meet night flight requirements.

Attachments

• DSC05284.png
    DSC05284.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
  • DSC05306.png
    DSC05306.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 72
  • DSC05316.png
    DSC05316.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • DSC05317.png
    DSC05317.png
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • DSC05324.png
    DSC05324.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: Droniac
I had a customer ask me to design mounts for this strobe on the Air 2(s). I just finished the design last night and they work really well, the strobes are some of the cheapest out there on Amazon https://amzn.to/3mCJM1x

They have 3 bright white LEDS, a red and a green, and are capable of Strobe mode, flash and a flood light mode in all 3 colors. White is going to be the brightest and best for anti-collision lighting and the green and red are best for navigation lighting, although the navigation lights on the Air 2S are sufficient to meet night flight requirements.

Hey Miss Chrisy! I love them. Use them on my M2P. I seal them in 2”shrink tubing as best I can as I fly in fowl weather. So far so good. They are easily As bright as any other I’ve used. Specs or not. It charges impressively fast also. It’s hard to overlook the overall tiny size, and how flat and unobtrusive they are. Thanks. I thought I was alone. Lol. Flysafe & Godspeed. (Are you a vendor on the forum ?)

Disregard. I overlooked your site listed. Thanks!!

• Haha
Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co
Hey Miss Chrisy! I love them. Use them on my M2P. I seal them in 2”shrink tubing as best I can as I fly in fowl weather. So far so good. They are easily As bright as any other I’ve used. Specs or not. It charges impressively fast also. It’s hard to overlook the overall tiny size, and how flat and unobtrusive they are. Thanks. I thought I was alone. Lol. Flysafe & Godspeed. (Are you a vendor on the forum ?)
Yup! I am a vendor on the forum, I make mostly 3D printed stuff my husband and I design, but also make a bunch of other stuff.

Reactions: Droniac
Yup! I am a vendor on the forum, I make mostly 3D printed stuff my husband and I design, but also make a bunch of other stuff.
Good to know thanks! Godspeed, Droniac

Would not the forward facing strobes affect the camera, esp in lower light conditions? They look incredibly bright, which on the back or top / bottom may not affect the camera so much.

Would not the forward facing strobes affect the camera, esp in lower light conditions? They look incredibly bright, which on the back or top / bottom may not affect the camera so much.
There's no negative effect to having a strobe mounted there, the only thing it might do is through off a reflection on a reflective surface. Regardless, there is a legal reason to use them when flying at night in the US, but they don't have an adverse effect on video or photos as long as you don't pan the camera towards them.

There's no negative effect to having a strobe mounted there, the only thing it might do is through off a reflection on a reflective surface. Regardless, there is a legal reason to use them when flying at night in the US, but they don't have an adverse effect on video or photos as long as you don't pan the camera towards them.
Thanks - good news for sure with the little night flying I do - which is mostly straight above my home around sunset.

Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co
Here is my question -- I mounted a VIFLY on one of the propeller arms (nothing on the rest) -- will this create any issues--like imbalance?

also a second one on the rear above just below the sensor hole--thoughts?

.... although the navigation lights on the Air 2S are sufficient to meet night flight requirements.

Could you cite your reference that the factory Air2S lights meet the 3 SM visibility requirement? I've not seen that listed as of yet so I'd like to add it to some of my recommendation links if verified.

Hi,
Checked out your site and noticed you only sell ARC drone strobe mounts for the Mavic Air 2. Any chance of a Vifly version coming out for the MA2?

Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21