DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Violation of Guidelines whilst posting a video on You Tube

I too, use Vimeo - they don't give you a strike if you use popular music backgrounds like YouTube does. They don't seem to care. The only down side is they limit your video's upload file size, unless you pay a monthly membership fee.

With all these nonsense copyright strikes, strange and not understandable, ever changing guidelines, youtube is quickly digging their own grave in terms of users. If there was any alternative to youtube (vimeo is cool but would be expensive for my use) I would switch platform in an instant.

Plenty of channels gets deleted for no reason at all daily, while channels that are offensive somehow is still alive.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Hi All,

I've recently attempted to put 2 videos on You Tube, which I made with my Mavic Pro.

The first was a video of the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tasmania. The second was of the Barway (sand bar) to the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tas.

Each time I received an email from You Tube informing me that both my videos had been removed for breaching "Community Guidlines".

The first video I did was for the St Helens Marine Rescue and they installed it onto their Facebook (FB) page.
The second video is also for St Helens Marine Rescue but as yet hasn't been installed onto their FB page.

Neither video flies over anyone's property, nor does it show people or nudity or any offensive material, just a video of water, waves and sand.

I have appealed on both occasions to You Tube and on the first was informed that their decision to ban my video was upheld as it didn't meet Community Guidlines. They did not go into any detail as to what or how the video conflicted their Community Guidlines. I'm still awaiting their response on my appeal of the 2nd video.

Has anyone else had this problem?
I haven't, but I'll bet it is the "Privacy" guideline ... maybe flew low over private property, which is perfectly legal (at least in the USA ... but who knows about Tasmania??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS