DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision System Error (after returning from service)

barton73

Reactions
Problem? After going in for repair with djidroneservice.com my Mavic Air has returned home with - Error (8) Right Front Vision System

Was unit in a crash? No - unless FedEx drop kicked the box?

What have you tried so far? Bitching loudly in my back yard - no result. :p

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone SE

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what) decals (no they aren't hanging in front of the lens

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) screenshot and shot of lens

Is this the end of the line for my lil buddy? :-( I don't want to ship it to China nor is it worth spending $300 on.

Attachments

• IMG_3428.PNG
    IMG_3428.PNG
    176 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3430.JPG
    IMG_3430.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
Have you contacted @djidroneservice about this. Bet they’ll step up.

I dunno it's hardly worth their time - I did reach out to them but I got the assessment, they tried a repair, said they couldn't repair the problem (MicroSD wasn't functioning)... so I've not paid them anything and now it's more shipping and hassle to them. I'll be shocked if they offer anything. We will see.

Try opening the DJI assistant on the desktop computer and running the calibration option.

This should show what the camera can see.. If either of the front cameras are black then there is definitely an issue. You can cancel out of the calibration.

If it was working before it could be as simple as a disconnected cable.. Or I have seen people knock off a small signal filter component from the mainboard when disassembling which knocked out the camera as well.

Thanks I did run the calibration and the cam was black. I checked for any disconnected cables and didn't see anything - although with my huge ham hands I'm very iffy when it comes to fumbling with those tiny ribbon cables.
I never got a reply from @djidroneservice so I've now shipped it to a DJI Auth. Service Center in Texas.

There is a screw right beside the connector for the front right vision sensor. I have seen some rip off some board components when the screwdriver slipped off from that screw. Let's hope that didn't happen here.. Although it is fixable by a board-level-repair expert... I have had to do a few of those.

Due to the other issue (micro sd and internal memory errors) I'm 90% sure it's going to be a new main board anyway. I'll know in a few weeks.

Reactions: DDS
Thanks I did run the calibration and the cam was black. I checked for any disconnected cables and didn't see anything - although with my huge ham hands I'm very iffy when it comes to fumbling with those tiny ribbon cables.
I never got a reply from @djidroneservice so I've now shipped it to a DJI Auth. Service Center in Texas.
Hello

Please let us know how we can help you now.

Hello

Please let us know how we can help you now.

I emailed y'all about this and never got a reply. DJI is now repairing it. The main board was going to need replacing anyway - we knew that after y'all looked at it. The Vision System Board is only $16 on the bill.

It would have been nice if y'all had responded to my email and we had communicated about the issue - you could still check your service records and see if there was a vision system error when it left your shop or if this was damage done by UPS in shipping.

Reactions: DDS
I emailed y'all about this and never got a reply. DJI is now repairing it. The main board was going to need replacing anyway - we knew that after y'all looked at it. The Vision System Board is only $16 on the bill.

It would have been nice if y'all had responded to my email and we had communicated about the issue - you could still check your service records and see if there was a vision system error when it left your shop or if this was damage done by UPS in shipping.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Happy ending. DJI replaced my shiny red Mavic Air with a shiny red like-new unit for $230. It came wrapped in the tags and plastic. Not sure if it's NOS or Refurb - but works great either way! Also eligible for the $70 Care Refresh program and I had $40 of DJI Cash so that was a no-brainer. It's not one of the drone's I use for my "work" but such a fun drone to throw on my motorcycle when I go riding. Stoked to have lil' red back in the rotation.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes