DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visit with DJI reps

Jim747

Reactions
I attended AirVenture (Oshkosh) last week and discovered DJI had a booth so had a short visit with the DJI rep who answered a few questions.
1. The Go 4 app on my iPad Mini 2 has only crashed once but was a bit startling and I wanted to see what might have happened. The rep said the computing power of the iPad Mini 2 vs the Mini 4 is significant and the chances for a crash when flying in advanced modes which require more computing power. He was right since I was trying the follow me mode for the first time. The solution is to be cautious when flying in advanced modes or (obviously) upgrade to a Mini 4.

2. I live in a colder climate so asked about flying below freezing temps. The reps said he regularly flys down to zero Fahrenheit. Just make sure to keep the batteries warm by tucking them inside the jacket until ready to fly. Also be aware that flight times could be reduced to 15 to 18 minutes during cold temps.

3. The rep said batteries will last much longer (number of charges) by not discharging them to low voltages. I told him I rarely go below 20% or 25% which was met by his approval.

I wish I could have taken a list of everyones questions but hope the few that I had will be helpful.

Jim

I would have politely asked when their customer service/repair department is going to get their **** together.
+1 to this.
I would bluntly ask the guy about their repair services and practices.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman